Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many LG sections did it take you to go -0 to -1

LivePumpkinLivePumpkin Free Trial Member
in General 270 karma

Hi everyone!

I am wondering how long it took you all to start going -0 to -1 on LG. How many LG sections did you complete by the time you started hitting that -0/-1 consistently?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I think it was after I did 35 sections (PT1-35).

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I hit -0 the first time in the 20's but still got the occasional -6 and usually -2/-3. -0 became regular in the 40s.

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

After going through PT 1-35.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I foolproofed the first 35. After that I usually got -0 or -1 on the first try. Then I foolproofed at least another twenty of the newer sections after taking them in PTs just trying to make it less shaky. I still had a bad section every so often, but did good enough to get -1 on games on the real test.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Is a "shit ton" a unit of measurement here? Because that's what it felt like for me. I assume that many ppl, with different strengths, took much less time.---A.c.S

• Waiting For Grey DayWaiting For Grey Day Alum Member
    323 karma

It depends on where you started and also how invested you were in each practice.

For me, I did 1-35 but still had flukes and rules/issues/inferences that I couldn't understand, even though I could still reach -1 per section. And since flukes/lucks are your worst enemies on this test, I didn't take my -0 average as something to celebrate. Instead, I continued to fool proof till 50 and that's when the habit of really trying to engage with your rules and understanding the interaction between when possible clicked.

But like @acsimon suggests, it really depends on individual tendencies and strengths.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think I went through close to ~20 PTs worth of games before I hit my first -1/-0.

• mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma

Where is the best place to buy the 1-35 bundle? Was it the full PT's that you bought, or an LG-specific bundle? @akistotle @nicholasthomas127 @"Seeking Perfection" @"Waiting For Grey Day" @"Alex Divine"

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mcmlaw36 said:
    Where is the best place to buy the 1-35 bundle? Was it the full PT's that you bought, or an LG-specific bundle? @akistotle @nicholasthomas127 @"Seeking Perfection" @"Waiting For Grey Day" @"Alex Divine"

Hey @mcmlaw36 ,

The bundle is available with the Ultimate + package. You can absolutely get the LG sections from the full PTs, however, the bundle is printable and is formatted like the modern exams.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

A lot.

The games also change over time too. The PT70s games are much different than the PT40s games, etc. So just practice everything!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited October 2017 4423 karma

@mcmlaw36 said:

If you are willing to buy, the cheapest way is to buy them used in book form, but the pain of having to photocopy or scan them in from a physical book is considerable.

Finally, you can get them from the 7sage ultimate package. This is most expensive, but comes with explanations of all the sections of the test.

I got them when 7sage accidentally made them available through the starter package and I printed them out. I remember being pleasantly surprised that they were included and then saw the posts a couple of days later when they fixed access to them.