Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to wait for results?

sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
in General 169 karma

If you took the LSAT in September and had to wait several weeks for your results, did you continue with your study schedule just in case you needed to test again in December? How long did it take to get your results?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2017 13286 karma

It takes about 3-4 weeks to get results back. We took the test on Sept 16th and got our scores back on October 11th. In the mean time I just took time off, and it's probably one of the best things I have done. I did not realize how burnt out I was on this test until I took about 3 weeks off and came back to it with a much more fresh attitude and I felt reinvigorated.

As of right now the expected return date of the Dec 2017 test is 1/04/2018. It's possible that the scores come back a day or two earlier as well.

• sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

Awesome, thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed that break.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I've taken the test 3 times and the first and second time I didn't study during the wait period. For my 3rd try I did study after a week into the wait period though because I said screw it I'll take it in December again since the new retake rule is in effect, lmao. although I was under the impression that I bombed RC, which I did so I guess it's good that I kept studying, in my situation.

• sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

@TheMikey said:

it's good that I kept studying, in my situation.

Yeah, I guess it depends on how we think we did on the test. I'm probably going to take at least a week off before getting back into it. But come on, why does it take them so long to process scantrons?

Wishing you better luck in December. I'm planning on retaking in Feb, but hoping that I won't have to.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@sarahmelton6 said:

@TheMikey said:

it's good that I kept studying, in my situation.

Yeah, I guess it depends on how we think we did on the test. I'm probably going to take at least a week off before getting back into it. But come on, why does it take them so long to process scantrons?

Wishing you better luck in December. I'm planning on retaking in Feb, but hoping that I won't have to.

honestly don't know why it takes so long. I mean, it is still a very slow process in general I guess even if it is scantrons. I think they have a designated team to work on the thousands upon thousands of scantrons from all test takers in and outside of the U.S. They have to upload them to your account, input your personal answers, do other crap, etc. I guess they are justified in the time they take, but at the same time it is very long and I think that is why they are testing out the digital LSAT now.