Predicting answers - Flaw Questions and NA questions

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member

So with the December test coming up, I am freaking out a little bit now.

I have been scoring -13/-10 on timed LR sections. I need to get to at least -8 or -7 since I am now realistically aiming between 160-165 for the upcoming test date.

I feel like this strongly has to do with flaw and necessary assumption questions. I struggle with these a lot.

I have already went back to the CC and reviewed the relevant sections.. but I still don't seem to improve. I have even drilled them down to bits but no improvement.

Overall, I often have trouble predicting or paraphrasing answers. I'm guessing this is probably why I score so low on LR.
How can I improve on this?

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Do you have trouble with these questions at all levels of difficulty? A smattering of wrong answers across difficulties? only missing the very challenging ones?

I actually think predicting answers is overrated once you are scoring over 160. It can burn you on difficult questions. What makes you think your improvement hinges on these questions types? I ask because based on the way you phrased your post, I don't get the sense you're really confident that that's the case.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    Do you have trouble with these questions at all levels of difficulty? A smattering of wrong answers across difficulties? only missing the very challenging ones?

I actually think predicting answers is overrated once you are scoring over 160. It can burn you on difficult questions. What makes you think your improvement hinges on these questions types? I ask because based on the way you phrased your post, I don't get the sense you're really confident that that's the case.

I have a hard time on the more difficult questions that for sure whether that's flaw questions or NA questions. I get them correct if they are near the beginning of the section. Would I be able to get more accurate by just doing more sections? At this point, you're right haha...not sure why I aren't getting the harder questions. I usually find myself juggling between two answer choices and ultimately choosing the wrong one.