Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Tests

PreShe-RaPreShe-Ra Alum Member
in General 18 karma

For those with families and jobs, when do you take the practice tests? I'm finding it hard to find time to take the full test without interruption. I'm planning on taking the February '18 test, and I have yet to take a full test.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Weekend mornings. Bright and early haha. Also you shouldn’t be ashamed of taking some time to yourself. Tell your S/O and kids you need to take a test and head to the library, or somewhere else quite and sit down and take one. Do it every two weeks so you can maybe alternate between time with the family and time with the test. I don’t know your exact situation but this is how I’d start!!

Always make a little time for yourself and your goals!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Assuming you family supports you in your law school dreams, try as best as you can to make the time. Take 10 hours a week to PT, and get someone else to watch the kids. If you can't financially swing that, I would get up early, drink some coffee, and knock it out.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

@"PreShe-Ra" said:
    For those with families and jobs, when do you take the practice tests? I'm finding it hard to find time to take the full test without interruption. I'm planning on taking the February '18 test, and I have yet to take a full test.

No family, but I work during the week so I take PTs on Saturday mornings or sometime during the week after work. Definitely prefer Saturday mornings just because it is when I'll be sitting for the real deal. I also like having the rest of the afternoon to BR.

• PreShe-RaPreShe-Ra Alum Member
    18 karma

Thank you all! I will definitely be waking up early Saturday mornings, and finding a testing center in my area. Thank you, Thank you!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yep, same as the others. Saturday mornings and usually BR on Sundays. There's a pretty calm coffeeshop near my house that I like to PT at since it's open early. If I do one in the later morning or afternoon, then my library. During the week I'm now doing a lot of timed sections, so that helps some in getting the feeling down with timing even without sitting for a whole PT in one session.