Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study plan for the next 2 weeks?

So I've been getting pretty low scores on my PT's before BR, but my BR scores are significantly higher: 10+ points. Clearly, I grasp most of the material. It seems I just am having trouble executing under timed conditions. How should I study for the next 2 weeks before the December test?

Comments

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

What are you scoring right now timed/BR and what is your target score?

Timed sections and 1-2 PTs a week along with BR of course!

I am doing the same right now. I am testing out different timing strategies for the next 3 days and then will move on to using the strategies that works for me during timed sections/PTs.

Good luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@pbjsje said:
    So I've been getting pretty low scores on my PT's before BR, but my BR scores are significantly higher: 10+ points. Clearly, I grasp most of the material. It seems I just am having trouble executing under timed conditions. How should I study for the next 2 weeks before the December test?

A 10 point timed score/BR score discrepancy isn't that uncommon, to be honest.

What are you score breakdowns for your timed exams?

• pbjsjepbjsje Member
    31 karma

My target score is honestly just the 50th percentile at this point. A 150 would be fine with me for the school I'm looking at. My timed PTs are around 143-145 and my BR scores have been 149 and 153. I know my weaknesses are LR and LG. LG I know the timing conditions are what get to me. LR I think the MSS and MBT questions are what get to me. I'm just beyond frustrated at this point.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

@pbjsje said:
    My target score is honestly just the 50th percentile at this point. A 150 would be fine with me for the school I'm looking at. My timed PTs are around 143-145 and my BR scores have been 149 and 153. I know my weaknesses are LR and LG. LG I know the timing conditions are what get to me. LR I think the MSS and MBT questions are what get to me. I'm just beyond frustrated at this point.

How long have you been studying? I mean, it's definitely a good thing that you know where you need work. At a ~145 you likely need to commit time to learning the fundamentals of the test. Effective strategies for solving each type of LR qtype, and diagramming skills for each type of game, and leaning the conditional logic will get you a long way. If you can do all of those things and get enough practice in, I think a 150 is very, very doable. I will say, however, that at this point I don't think taking PTs is the way to go. You know where you need work, so focus on that for now. February might be something to consider rather than the December test in 12 days.