Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inconsistent scores in LR

juhiparsanajuhiparsana Alum Member
edited November 2017 in General 32 karma

My test is on 3rd December. I have improved in RC from -10 to -15 to -3 to -5 but my LR is has become very inconsistent. I was at -3 to -5 a week back. But now I'm at -1 to -9. I don't know what this is suddenly happening. I have noticed that I do better when I don't have anything else on the back of my mind. But the inconsistency is really bothering me now.
Do you guys have any advice for me?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@juhiparsana said:
    My test is on 3rd December. I have improved in RC from -10 to -15 to -3 to -5 but my LR is has become very inconsistent. I was at -3 to -5 a week back. But now I'm at -1 to -9. I don't know what this is suddenly happening. I have noticed that I do better when I don't have anything else on the back of my mind. But the inconsistency is really bothering me now.

Congrats on improving your RC! That can be very difficult to get to a consistent level.
    Being that inconsistent on LR (especially all of the sudden) may be indicative of burnout. Maybe try taking a day or two off?

• dustyfootdustyfoot Member
    24 karma

Hi juhiparsana, I had the same issue. More like having the same issue. In my first 5 PT's, every single LR sections was either -7 or -8. With such a tight range and consistency, I thought this was something that can only go up but in my recent PTs, my LR has been all over the place ranging from -15 to -5.

So taking a closer look at the PTs, I realize that first, the sections does become harder or easier over different PTs. Second, this difficulty scale that 7Sage provides is not one size fits all (I don't mean to hate on the scale, I think it is a great benchmark). Everyone is wired differently, so as the questions change from section to section, so will our performance.

What I am trying to do now is to focus on the types of questions that I am doing poorly on and drill them. The priority tool that 7Sage Analytics has is pointing out to me where I can improve. I find that this is the best way to increase LR overall.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@juhiparsana said:

Each of your sections have to be consistent. For example, you should be scoring in both LR sections on a given PT around the same points. But lets say, if you tend to score -6 in one section and -1 in another; your LR range is actually -12 and -2. So I think the fix has to come from here.

The good news is scoring -1 does say you can also score -1 in the other section where you did not. But the solution has to be personal. You have to ask yourself how your performance was different in the two sections? What actions led you to bomb one section but not the other? What strategy works and what does not? See if you can use the strategy that led you to -1 to apply to the section where you got -9.

It's hard to tell just from scores what you need to do to improve. One thing you can do is see if you can take a look at the videos of the two sections and do a timing breakdown. Try to identify the differences in strategy between your two sections. Maybe you stuck around too long on a hard question in the bad section? Maybe you were unwilling to get questions wrong in one section but not the other? It's also possible that you had too many circles and not enough time to come back in one section but not the other.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

I call burnout!

Honestly, the same happened to me so I took off two days because I was freaking out so much that any studying that I was doing was pretty pointless. I was going -11 on LR... before it was -6. Let's see what happens tomorrow and hope this mini break helps!