Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June'18 Study Group

Comments

• moonrider919moonrider919 Alum Member
    247 karma

Hi @Alex Divine, could you please add me to the group as well? Currently studying/living in Sydney!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

@moonrider919 said:
    Hi @Alex Divine, could you please add me to the group as well? Currently studying/living in Sydney!

You got it my Australian friend! :)

• moonrider919moonrider919 Alum Member
    247 karma

Thanks Alex! :)

• missmalomissmalo Alum Member
    72 karma

I would like to add please if it not too late

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@missmalo said:
    I would like to add please if it not too late

Hey @missmalo,

Welcome :)

You're in --- it's not too late!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@aguirreliz92 said:
    Just to make sure I have this correct, when we do a PT for a BR, I don’t look at the answers before we go over it together right?

Great question!
    Correct. Just BR to the best of your ability. I'm going to update the OP with more specific instructions next week!

hey is there a message thread? bc i haven't seen it yet

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sillllyxo said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@aguirreliz92 said:
    Just to make sure I have this correct, when we do a PT for a BR, I don’t look at the answers before we go over it together right?

Great question!
    Correct. Just BR to the best of your ability. I'm going to update the OP with more specific instructions next week!

hey is there a message thread? bc i haven't seen it yet

No, all updates on the group will be updated in the OP on the first page :)

• LSATSurvivorLSATSurvivor Alum Member
    228 karma

hey Alex, could you add me to the group? I'm gonna take it in December and Feb, with June as a backup. Thanks a lot for creating the group.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Human Becoming" said:
    hey Alex, could you add me to the group? I'm gonna take it in December and Feb, with June as a backup. Thanks a lot for creating the group.

I'll add you to the roster!

Good luck on December :star:

• LSAT2000LSAT2000 Alum Member
    27 karma

Count me in.

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

Count me in as well!

• PositivePositive Alum Member
    426 karma

I finally decided to delay the cycle to take 2018 June exam. Please count me in : )

Thanks in advance!

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Welcome everyone

• amatthews304amatthews304 Alum Member
    215 karma

Would it be alright if I join? I probably won't be a part of study sessions until mid January (when I anticipate finishing the CC).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@chisal17 said:
    Count me in as well!

@"Kings Never Die" said:
    I finally decided to delay the cycle to take 2018 June exam. Please count me in : )

Thanks in advance!

Welcome guys!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@amatthews304 said:
    Would it be alright if I join? I probably won't be a part of study sessions until mid January (when I anticipate finishing the CC).

Assuming there is still room, I don't think that will be too much of an issue! :)

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

Hi, can you please add me to this group? Thanks :smile:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Hamaseh_S said:
    Hi, can you please add me to this group? Thanks :smile:

You are very welcome :)

• Please add me to the group! So excited to be part of it. About me: finished 7sage curriculum about a month or two ago, trying to finish the LG bundle now

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@adultish_gambino said:
    Please add me to the group! So excited to be part of it. About me: finished 7sage curriculum about a month or two ago, trying to finish the LG bundle now

Awesome! Nice to meet you (online). Looking forward to getting to know you better during our BR groups :)

• I cannot believe I am just seeing this! May I please be added to this study group? TIA!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dazedandconfused said:
    I cannot believe I am just seeing this! May I please be added to this study group? TIA!

You got it!

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

So is Dec 3rd the official start date?

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@Brazil020511 said:
    So is Dec 3rd the official start date?

Hey Everyone!

Our first official meeting will be on Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 at 7:30PM EST.

Check the OP for more details.

Looking forward to seeing you all (online) next week. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• danny_d5danny_d5 Core Member
    edited November 2017 62 karma

Any chance I can still join this group?

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@danny_d5 said:
    Any chance I can still join this group?

Added! See ya next week :)

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

I am interested! After a lot of soul searching I have decided that I need to postpone my LSAT until I feel 100 percent ready. I was really scared about waiting until next application cycle, but I think it might work out better this way so I am 100 percent ready by the time June comes. Looking forward to working with you all!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I look forward to our first meeting!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hey AlexD - I think I got left off the list - can you please add me so I can get these messages? Thanks so much.

• pasu1223pasu1223 Alum Member
    109 karma

Taking in Dec, but don't think it's going to be the score I want, so count me in!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@alyssamcc0593 said:
    I am interested! After a lot of soul searching I have decided that I need to postpone my LSAT until I feel 100 percent ready. I was really scared about waiting until next application cycle, but I think it might work out better this way so I am 100 percent ready by the time June comes. Looking forward to working with you all!

@pasu1223 said:
    Taking in Dec, but don't think it's going to be the score I want, so count me in!

You guys are in! Ready for next week!?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hey AlexD - I think I got left off the list - can you please add me so I can get these messages? Thanks so much.

I'm so sorry LCMama. I'll make sure you're name is added right now :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    I look forward to our first meeting!

Likewise, brother! :)

• SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
    142 karma

Hey @"Alex Divine" - do you have a group PT schedule that you could share? Is it going to be one PT per week in sequence, starting from PT36, reviewed each Tuesday? (Apologies if you already answered this in the comments above!) And would it be okay if I joined some calls here and there? (I may be working on a slightly different PT schedule since I'm aiming for a first take in Feb).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@SiliconJedi said:
    Hey @"Alex Divine" - do you have a group PT schedule that you could share? Is it going to be one PT per week in sequence, starting from PT36, reviewed each Tuesday? (Apologies if you already answered this in the comments above!) And would it be okay if I joined some calls here and there? (I may be working on a slightly different PT schedule since I'm aiming for a first take in Feb).

Nothing set in stone yet. I updated the OP and mentioned that we're going to decide as a group how to proceed with a test schedule. Our first meeting is next Tuesday, December 5th at 7:30 pm. Stop by and check it out!

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

Am I overlooking it, is there one of these for the Feb `18 LSAT?

• pasu1223pasu1223 Alum Member
    109 karma

@Guillaume

I'm in Boulder, CO at the moment and I'm trying to go to UT Austin. I visited there and fell in love with the place haha.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Hi! How long is our study session going to last? Do we have a set end time?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@btownsquee said:
    Hi! How long is our study session going to last? Do we have a set end time?

I'm not exactly sure how long it will take, I suppose that in part always depends on the amount of people who participate and what questions they have. From my past experiences with the BR groups, I'm guessing somewhere in the ballpark of 3 hours.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

If anyone has any questions they want to specifically go over, list them on this nifty GoogleDoc @"Adam Hawks" made for us!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wLCip2bbWWD_h3WqGqBY6YaGPGdGQdSsr3gnphKYdxo/edit#gid=0

Thanks Adam :)

• Positive-1Positive-1 Live Member
    984 karma

Hi Alex,

For the month of December, I would be traveling middle east and far east. If possible, could I Please have a list of the PT for the month of December so I can Print them out before time. I'm concern that I may not have ready access to printers during my travels. Thank you for considering my request. Best wishes for the wonderful holiday season.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Shazia..." said:
    Hi Alex,

For the month of December, I would be traveling middle east and far east. If possible, could I Please have a list of the PT for the month of December so I can Print them out before time. I'm concern that I may not have ready access to printers during my travels. Thank you for considering my request. Best wishes for the wonderful holiday season.

Hi Shazia!

Sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you enjoy :)

So, as of right now, the plan is to basically do the even numbered tests. If you're going to be away for the month of December, we're going to be covering PTs 36, 38, and 40.

Best wishes and happy holidays :star:

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Hi everyone! If there is still room I would love to join as well! thank you!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@estouten25 said:

Hi there ---

I'll add you to our list. Are you psyched for our first meeting next Tuesday!? :)

• Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    339 karma

I am very interested to join, but Tuesday is one of the days I cannot make. Is there any other day of the week you would open BR calls?

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@estouten25 said:

Hi there ---

I'll add you to our list. Are you psyched for our first meeting next Tuesday!? :)

Yes I need it!

• d__villad__villa Alum Member
    98 karma

Hi, I'd like to join this group! I am just starting my studies though.. I studied last year and worked through some of the CC but will be restarting. Since you're all already PT'ing, how would I most benefit from this group? Thanks for the advice!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@estouten25 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@estouten25 said:

Hi there ---

Yes I need it!

Awesome! That's the attitude i like to hear :mrgreen:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@d__villa said:
    Hi, I'd like to join this group! I am just starting my studies though.. I studied last year and worked through some of the CC but will be restarting. Since you're all already PT'ing, how would I most benefit from this group? Thanks for the advice!

Sure thing! Well, I think you'd benefit most by kind of going off of your own timeline!

Sort of work your way back through the CC, spend time re-going through the CC, skipping things that feel obvious and slowing down for the stuff you definitely didn't fully absorb the first time.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I just set my PT and break schedule from now through June 2018: locked and loaded. I'll be floating in and out of these BR sessions but I'm excited to work with ya'll!