Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last minute tips for December test day

marzely.darbouzemarzely.darbouze Free Trial Member

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for taking the lsat or how to approach test day. Saturday will be here before we know it so I’m just trying to get all the advice I can!!

Comments

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Plan some sort of warm up for the morning of the test. I do two easy games, 10 LR questions and an easy RC passage. Key is to do easy questions that kickstart your brain, but also keep confidence high and don't tire you out.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Remember that you've already done the work, you've just got to out there and perform. Easier said than done, I know but in a nutshell, thats what it is.

David

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma
    • Understand that the test doesn’t start right at 8:30. Depending on the size of your testing center it will probably start closer to 9-9:30. You will have a bunch of time where you sit and wait. Followed by directions.

• Be weary of talking to other test takers about the LSAT. You don’t know their level of preparedness and it might get you nervous if they say something you were not expecting.

• Use the bathroom before the test.

• scout out the location before you go. My test center has one bathroom, and it’s small. The line, especially for girls, is HUGE.

Those would be my main ones

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Maybe pack your bag earlier than the night before the test.

• pbenjamin57pbenjamin57 Alum Member
    112 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    + Understand that the test doesn’t start right at 8:30. Depending on the size of your testing center it will probably start closer to 9-9:30. You will have a bunch of time where you sit and wait. Followed by directions.

• Be weary of talking to other test takers about the LSAT. You don’t know their level of preparedness and it might get you nervous if they say something you were not expecting.

• Use the bathroom before the test.

• scout out the location before you go. My test center has one bathroom, and it’s small. The line, especially for girls, is HUGE.

Those would be my main ones

I Second using the bathroom before the test AND scouting the test location. I also have three other points to consider- 1) get to the test site early (not ridiculously early, but early enough to be one of the first people in line to register your name for the test. If you're in the back of the line, I believe it can increase level of anxiety and you can get to a restroom before there is a line. 2) Take a few questions you've done already to warm up. I took a few LR and a LG and did them in the car while I was parked outside the testing site when I took the test last Feb. 3) Hydrate in the morning, but don't over do it (also don't over do the coffee either).

• Vern8892Vern8892 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

Any ideas on what the experimental will be? Does history offer us any clues?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@Vern8892 said:

The experimental will be all 3 sections!

The way it works is, the LSAC designs a few different versions of the test.

• One with 4 real sections and LG experimental.

• One with 4 real sections and RC experimental.

• One with 4 real sections and LR experimental.

Which one you get is based on dumb luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Do your absolutely best to treat it like every other PT you've taken. Easier said than done, I know. However, I do believe that we can control how much our nerves get the best of us. Channel any nervous energy and adrenaline into positive and productive thoughts/emotions.

I'm also a big, big fan of positive affirmations. Make some up or look some up and chant them to yourself before the test.

• Vern8892Vern8892 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@Vern8892 said:

The experimental will be all 3 sections!

The way it works is, the LSAC designs a few different versions of the test.

• One with 4 real sections and LG experimental.

• One with 4 real sections and RC experimental.

• One with 4 real sections and LR experimental.

Which one you get is based on dumb luck!

ooo Geez I thought it was one section for all! Thanks for the advice, cant wait!

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

I thought it was one section for all as well! Now all those hectic "what was the experimental" boards I saw in September make sense. :lol:

• pbjsjepbjsje Member
    31 karma

If you're doing timed sections or whole PT's, find a YouTube video of simulated library/paper rustling sounds and play it while taking your section/test. You'll get into the habit of tuning out those distractions and not letting them get to you on test day.
    Hope that helps!! It certainly has for me!

• a.ruqaiiaa.ruqaiia Alum Member
    114 karma

Is it just me or does anyone else get nervous about the idea of doing warm-up questions before the test? What if I mess up and that will totally blow my confidence?

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

@a.ruqaiia. i def hear you on that front, maybe consider doing a hard LG game that you completely mastered over your studies

• a.ruqaiiaa.ruqaiia Alum Member
    114 karma

Thanks for the tip! I see how that can help :) > @nathanieljschwartz said:

@a.ruqaiia. i def hear you on that front, maybe consider doing a hard LG game that you completely mastered over your studies

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

I remember I read somewhere to bubble your answer before you turn the page. And use these few seconds bubbling to take a deep breath & tell yourself " I'm doing well". I do that and I feel it calms me down.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Last time I'm taking this test. Hopefully I won't have a sad face the beginning of January but either way hopefully this will be it for me!!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@"a.ruqaiia" said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else get nervous about the idea of doing warm-up questions before the test? What if I mess up and that will totally blow my confidence?

I suggest doing only easy questions. And sont grade them! Assume you got them all right. Reviewing correct answers isn't going to teach you anything you don't already know. It can only mess up your confidence, so why do it!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Go in the test room at the end... if you're at the beginning you wait for everyone else to check in and can't leave for the bathroom. Also once the test "starts" remember that instructions account for 20-30 minutes.

In my first test we didn't start the first section of the test until 10am due to room lighting issues, long instructions and lots of questions before we started.