Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Next 6 months study plan - 7Sage Forum

Next 6 months study plan

alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
in General 290 karma

Hi Everyone,

So I have decided to postpone my December test, and postpone applying until next application cycle. I did not feel ready this time,so I am hoping I can take the test in June and feel fully prepared.

I have finished the CC, so I was wondering if any of you have any advice as to how to study for the next 6 months.

I am planning on doing the fullproof method for the LG Bundle (1-35), so I can improve my LG score.

Any other suggestions? Do y'all suggest going through the CC again? I started it back in April of this year. I work a full time job, so that is why it has taken me longer than other people.

Thanks.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Post your sectional scores, and target goals to get suggestions that fit you.
    Also did you already cancel your exam? If not, I suggest you show up and then you can cancel your test after taking it. It'll be good to get comfortable taking the exam.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@alyssamcc0593 said:
    Hi Everyone,

So I have decided to postpone my December test, and postpone applying until next application cycle. I did not feel ready this time,so I am hoping I can take the test in June and feel fully prepared.

I have finished the CC, so I was wondering if any of you have any advice as to how to study for the next 6 months.

I am planning on doing the fullproof method for the LG Bundle (1-35), so I can improve my LG score.

Any other suggestions? Do y'all suggest going through the CC again? I started it back in April of this year. I work a full time job, so that is why it has taken me longer than other people.

Thanks.

Where are you at score wise and skill wise in your studies? Where do you eventually want to score?

No, I don't think going through the entire CC is probably the best use of time, but I suppose that will depend on your strengths and weaknesses. Working full time while prepping sucks, I feel you so much on that. (I think we've spoke and we work similar jobs).

Consistency is my suggestion. I realized too late in the game that it's way better to study 2 hours a day each day, then try to cram in 4 hours here and there. I do an hour before work and another hour if I get home at a reasonable time. I take days off when I feel like it, and put my health as a priority.

As far as specific study suggestions, make sure you aren't just spinning your wheels. Each time you sit down to prep list out 2-3 things you want to specifically work on. The more specific the better... For example, you may want to dedicate a drill/study session to getting better at finding the tension in RRE questions, or something like that. Never drill just to drill or take a PT just to take one. Make each and every study session count and one by one try to eliminate your weak areas. You will see improvement! :)

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    231 karma

Hello again!

Ditto to @"Alex Divine" !

Regarding the CC, if you want a refresher on the earlier material since April was a while ago, you could go through the "analysis/approach" videos of the question types, and do one or two or skip the actual LSAT question and quiz videos since you've already done them anyway. (I hope that makes sense.) When you do it that way it's actually just a few minutes per section and a nice way to kickstart your memory on the old stuff for a few minutes, and then go on to drill or whatever else

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

@10000019 said:
    Also did you already cancel your exam? If not, I suggest you show up and then you can cancel your test after taking it. It'll be good to get comfortable taking the exam.

Regarding taking the test and canceling, would that need an addendum later on? Does a cancellation negatively impact an application? (Asking for a friend... :sweat: )

edited December 2017 3279 karma

@xtinextine said:

@10000019 said:

Regarding taking the test and canceling, would that need an addendum later on? Does a cancellation negatively impact an application? (Asking for a friend... :sweat: )

Removed... erroneous info.

861 karma

@10000019 said:

@xtinextine said:

@10000019 said:

They don't know if you cancel.

Do you mean they don't know if you withdraw? I was under the impression that cancellations (having taken the test) show up on your law school report. (https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/score-cancellations). Sorry if I'm reading something wrong lol it's been a long day.

edited December 2017 3279 karma

@xtinextine said:

@10000019 said:

@xtinextine said:

@10000019 said:

They don't know if you cancel.

Do you mean they don't know if you withdraw? I was under the impression that cancellations (having taken the test) show up on your law school report. (https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/score-cancellations). Sorry if I'm reading something wrong lol it's been a long day.

No, you read it right. I guess I got some bad info. Going to edit my previous post to remove that.

With that in mind, I have no idea how schools view cancellations.

Personally I'd still take it. If I left the room, knowing I bombed it because I didn't finish half the questions in LG then I'd cancel my score. If I left the room feeling okay, then I'd probably want to see my score.

861 karma

@10000019 Thanks for the advice. I have a lot to think about...

Sorry for hijacking this thread! GL with your study plan OP. I'm trying to decide whether to write Saturday when I'm 3 points from my target. I also work full time so I might want to compare study plans if I decide to postpone!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

We’re in the exact same boat! I started the CC in April too! (Still not done but almost! ) and am aiming for my first take in June 2018! I also work FT really wish I had the bandwidth to study more :-(