Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take PT then blind review.. same setting?

sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
in General 1501 karma

Is it sound to take a PT then blind review it the next morning, or it is ideal to take it then blind review it immediately? Going to do my first BR as I just stared the CC.. so will be doing the 07 test.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

It's fine to review it the next day.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

next day is fine. even 2 days after is fine while taking the day off between the PT and BR to avoid burnout but whatever works for you is what you should do!

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

Thanks pals. Another question, when taking the prep that you will soon BR, do you use the answer sheet for the timed part, and then write on the test booklet circling the answers for BRing purposes?

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

Do we only BR the LR, or the entire test? ?

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

@dytmom_3x said:
    Thanks pals. Another question, when taking the prep that you will soon BR, do you use the answer sheet for the timed part, and then write on the test booklet circling the answers for BRing purposes?

Yes, definitely bubble answers on the sheet. You can write in the test booklet during the test, too, if that's what you're asking! During the test, circle the questions you aren't confident about and review them during BR. When I BR, I write down my BR answer next to the question line on my scantron. I'm not sure what other people do, though.

@dytmom_3x said:
    Do we only BR the LR, or the entire test? ?

Some people only BR the questions they circled during the test. But I know other people (I do this myself) prefer to BR the whole test.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

For me BRing the same day as I took the PT wasn't very helpful. My mind was already mush and I didn't get much out of the BRing.

Instead I'd take a PT and then do nothing for the rest of the day. The next day I would BR.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dytmom_3x said:
    Is it sound to take a PT then blind review it the next morning, or it is ideal to take it then blind review it immediately? Going to do my first BR as I just stared the CC.. so will be doing the 07 test.

I usually would recommend taking a break, but if you're still in the zone and want to review right after, have at it. Just make sure you're not worn out or rushing just to get it done. BR is important as a process, not just as a means to an end. You learn most by working through the questions themselves untimed and considering all the things you didn't have time to during a timed test or section.

In short, as with most things LSAT, what's "ideal" is going to be contingent on your personal preferences and what works for you.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I always took a break, but also always blind reviewed the same day. You can't score your test until you blind review it(or it wouldn't be a blind review) and when I take a PT I want to know how I did as soon as possible.

I did most of my PTs two at a time on Saturday mornings. I did a 4 section test, the normal break, and then a 4 section test. This meant I was blind reviewing two tests the same day and I still never waited. How could you go to sleep for the night wondering how you did on a PT when it was within your power to find out?