Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

inactiveinactive Alum Member

Hey guys! Here's the official December LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the December 2017 LSAT here!

Here's some ground rules, taken from my usual sticky:

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the Dec. '17 LSAT, but mentioning specifics about the test (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing") can get both us and you in a lot of trouble with LSAC. Saying that the test was hard/easy without going into detail is okay, but anything more specific is not okay. LSAC monitors this forum.

If you're unsure what may be too specific, feel free to PM me with what you'd like to post.

The only exception is you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, the LG with "flowers" was experimental. That's okay.

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about December's LSAT!

Here's where you can see the current Real/Experimental Sections:
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/13991/december-2017-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords
Have fun discussing!

Comments

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

International Test Taker here.
    Got 2 LGs - one has an invistgator of a rumor. The other one artifacts being examined. I hope the artifacts one is experimental coz it was TOUGH.
    RC - 1- use of computer software in English courtroom
    2- Chemistry dependence on Physics
    3- one about hand-woven textiles by African tribes.
    4- Music in the middle ages

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

It was ok!

729 karma

Chinese language passage was real Rc

729 karma

Second lg was in/out with groups. Kind of hard for second game but still ok! The indian spice LR section was real

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@oberdysz said:
    Second lg was in/out with groups. Kind of hard for second game but still ok! The indian spice LR section was real

How many LR sections did you have?

224 karma

@oberdysz said:

I got 2 LGs as well. Do u remember either artifacts or rumor game?!

12637 karma

@Hannah56 said:

@oberdysz said:

Thanks! Helps me narrow down what was real/experimental.

I didn't take the LSAT today, sorry! I'm sure more people will be coming out soon to discuss it.

edited December 2017 729 karma

2 lr 2lg 1 rc

729 karma

@Hannah56 said:

@oberdysz said:

Sorry my brain is fried? but I think the second lg section was real

12637 karma

@oberdysz said:

@Hannah56 said:

@oberdysz said:

The sorting of the LG may be different for everyone, just keep that in mind. It's impossible to tell which one is real while you're taking the test.

We'll have to find someone who took it without an LG experimental to confirm.

• castinghallpublicitycastinghallpublicity Free Trial Member
    11 karma

Had two LGs. One was straightforward, but difficult. The other was weird (rumor game) but easier. Really hope it’s the latter.

RCs - dual paragraphs about relationships of comics and chefs to IP law was real.

Also had Chinese language, as mentioned,

... and a passage about parallel universes aka “the multiverse.”

One of the LRs had a question about nuclear fusion.

224 karma

@castinghallpublicity said:
    Had two LGs. One was straightforward, but difficult. The other was weird (rumor game) but easier. Really hope it’s the latter.

RCs - dual paragraphs about relationships of comics and chefs to IP law was real.

Did u take it in the US? I took mine overseas and I got the rumor LG section. So I guess that's the expermental for both of us

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 1465 karma

I had an experimental OR. It had 26 questions for sure, unless we had a 102 question test.

RC same as @castinghallpublicity that's def. real.

LR don't remember much

LG there was a game about cleaning 8 floors on wed-sat

One was about canceling at least one of 6...somethings haha

[Removed]

729 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@oberdysz said:

@Hannah56 said:

@oberdysz said:

The sorting of the LG may be different for everyone, just keep that in mind. It's impossible to tell which one is real while you're taking the test.

We'll have to find someone who took it without an LG experimental to confirm.

I said "think it was real" bc I made the assumption purely on my gut feeling.

1465 karma

Overall, felt similar in difficulty to Sept. RC very reasonable. LG moderate, but I got stumped on a rule replacement Q and had to rush through game 4. My score is gonna hinge on which LR was experimental. I had an easy 25Q, a super hard 26Q, may have missed 5..., and then a decent 26Q. So if my second was experimental, I'll be on good shape, 50 percent chance. Probably the difference between my 174 or a 168. January 3rd can't come soon enough?

12637 karma

Thanks guys, I updated the other thread with what you've listed!

• Jacob L.Jacob L. Member
    28 karma

Found the LR and RC to be fairly reasonable, had the one logic games last and pretty much a toss. Game with 8 floors is definitely real.

12637 karma

More added since I got a few in PMs!

• edited December 2017 114 karma

We have everything set? Had 2 LGs but can confirm everything else

LR Real (1) - [Removed] about fusion of atoms and heat (25 Qs)
    LR Real (2) - [Removed] of herbal medicines that eventually become harmful (26 Qs)
    RC Real - 1- Chinese speakers in San Fran, 2- Multiverse, 3- Comedy and chef IP [Removed], , 4 - Social Dariwinism (2 and 3 might be switched)

12637 karma

@"J.D.s_maketheworldbetter" said:
    We have everything set? Had 2 LGs but can confirm everything else

LR Real (1) - [Removed] about fusion of atoms and heat (25 Qs)
    LR Real (2) - [Removed] of herbal medicines that eventually become harmful (26 Qs)
    RC Real - 1- Chinese speakers in San Fran, 2- Multiverse, 3- Comedy and chef IP [Removed], , 4 - Social Dariwinism (2 and 3 might be switched)

Edited your post a bit but thanks! Added the ones I was missing.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Honestly I'm traumatized. I know i effed up a real logic game and it was the last two that gave me the most trouble. The RC was fine until I had rush guess the last one. LR - I don't know. I had one experimental LR for sure but some of that was weird.

• 193 karma

I breezed through 1st three sections. I hit a plateau and by the 5th section, I was done by question 19. I had a hard time finishing reading much less comprehending those last couple of LR questions.
    RC seemed ok.
    LG nothing too far out there. For both sections.
    1st LR was easy, 2nd one hard, but I was spent, so I may not be a good judge.

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    edited December 2017 774 karma

3 LR, 1 RC, 1 LG (the last one was about the 8 floors)
    I hope the first LR was experimental because I totally bombed that one but I did okay on the other two LR sections. LG was nothing unusual, but I didn't manage my time well and rushed through the last game. Ugh. Guess there's always February?

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited December 2017 1091 karma

I feel violated. Good thing I pre-booked Feb.

Edit: mine was nondisclosed. Experimental RC. Knew I was screwed when I realised my first LG wasn’t the experimental. It was brutal. Like all the worst kinds of stuff from the old games. It felt like it was straight out of the 90s. Possibly the worst I’ll have ever done on LG other than my diagnostic lol. Sucks that I’ll never get a score breakdown. All LR and both RC felt very pedestrian though.

1465 karma

Can anybody confirm the that the experimental LR was 26Qs?
    I'm assuming so because otherwise my test was 102 questions total.

• castinghallpublicitycastinghallpublicity Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 11 karma

Yes I took it in the US.

Also, one of the experimental LGs had to do with spices.

I think the writers may have been listening to “Scarborough Faire.”

Also, the T-Rex question in LR made me cringe, then lol. Good job on that one LSAC!

@Hannah56 said:

@castinghallpublicity said:

Did u take it in the US? I took mine overseas and I got the rumor LG section. So I guess that's the expermental for both of us

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

the last two games where hard!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3521 karma

I had two LG

1st LG = Some things must close, some must be open [removed]
    2nd LG = Voting committee versus Zoning Committee

RC was about Chinese Language, Multiverse, Law as it applied to Comedians and Chefs, and Social Darwinism

Which LG was real?!

• sn11_________sn11_________ Alum Member
    edited December 2017 103 karma

I’m pretty sure the real LG section was the one with the rumors at the end. Why do people think that one was experimental? I thought the other LG was experimental bc it had [removed] (this was the one with the cleaning floors)

774 karma

I think the first one . I only had one LG and it was about things that were open or closed

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

The close open one

774 karma

So...uh is there a curve?

3521 karma

Any curve predictions?

Tbh I thought the real LG was kind of hard.

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    edited December 2017 403 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    I had two LG

1st LG = Some things must close, some must be open
    2nd LG = Voting committee versus Zoning Committee

RC was about Chinese Language, Multiverse, Law as it applied to Comedians and Chefs, and Social Darwinism

Which LG was real?!

The some must be open game was real

• anotherstudentanotherstudent Alum Member
    8 karma

Oh damn, so the one that started with fruits is experimental? I was banking on that :(

103 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Any curve predictions?

Tbh I thought the real LG was kind of hard.

Agreed real LG (if it was the one with cleaning floors) was tough. Didn’t finish last passage and I usually always finish with 5 minutes left.

12637 karma

@TryingToDoBetter17 said:
    I’m pretty sure the real LG section was the one with the rumors at the end. Why do people think that one was experimental? I thought the other LG was experimental bc it had [removed] (this was the one with the cleaning floors)

People without experimental LG already confirmed the cleaning floors one to be real.

edited December 2017 3521 karma

@TryingToDoBetter17 Yeah the cleaning floors one was hard! One of the rules was really strange

• danielm777danielm777 Alum Member
    24 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    Can anybody confirm the that the experimental LR was 26Qs?
    I'm assuming so because otherwise my test was 102 questions total.

I remember the 26 Question LR section. A whole bunch about it just seemed really off. Weird phrasing of a few of the questions that I didn't see in the other two. But it was also the third LR I got to, so it may just be I got super paranoid when I realized I got one experimental LR.

729 karma

I don't think the curve will be great since we can't pinpoint anything that was too challenging:(

• danielm777danielm777 Alum Member
    24 karma

The RC about Chinese was real. The LG with cleaning eight floors was real.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

$5000-$18000 was real LR

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I thought the last passage and LR2 with T. Rex was tough

• astudley91astudley91 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 6 karma

My experimental was RC and it was HARD

103 karma

LR2 had questions about T. rex and vacuum for uncarpeted floor.

774 karma

Husband, "How do you want to celebrate? Should I get a bottle of champagne?"
    "How about I just cry sober in a corner?"

• m_downingm_downing Member
    9 karma

Trying to recall other questions, but my brain is fried. LR RC LR LR LG - second LR section ended with a question about PTSD, stress, and cortisol levels and another about Planet 256 (or something). Was that one real or experimental?

• AmateurPhilosopherAmateurPhilosopher Free Trial Member
    21 karma

Was the LR section with the whistleblower question real or experimental? The one about punishing those who reveal politicians

• astudley91astudley91 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

@m_downing said:
    Trying to recall other questions, but my brain is fried. LR RC LR LR LG - second LR section ended with a question about PTSD, stress, and cortisol levels and another about Planet 256 (or something). Was that one real or experimental?

Experimental

• vanillamochivanillamochi Member
    edited December 2017 37 karma

Real RC: Chinese-American "dialect", comedians vs chefs and their responses to idea theft, Darwinism in social change (emphasis on feminism), can't remember the other passage-- should be enough info.

Real LG: four destinations out of six; at least one station being shut down; [removed], the fourth game escapes me, but this should be enough info.