Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• MaxiePoohMaxiePooh Member
    21 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@"J.D.s_maketheworldbetter" said:
    We have everything set? Had 2 LGs but can confirm everything else

LR Real (1) - [Removed] about fusion of atoms and heat (25 Qs)
    LR Real (2) - [Removed] of herbal medicines that eventually become harmful (26 Qs)
    RC Real - 1- Chinese speakers in San Fran, 2- Multiverse, 3- Comedy and chef IP [Removed], , 4 - Social Dariwinism (2 and 3 might be switched)

Edited your post a bit but thanks! Added the ones I was missing.

I have three LRs, 25, 25 and 26 so pretty sure of one the 25 is experimental. However saw many people saying their three LRs are 26,26, 25 so one of the 26 is experimental. Is it possible there are different experimental section for LR despite we all have three LRs or I am in deep trouble with my memorization?

• ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

@ajcarlton5 said:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the games were really hard... Having experimental LR is really exacerbating my post-test anxiety because I have no idea which questions happened in which section nor do I remember how well I felt after each section... Guess it's just wait and see.

SAME! LG especially last one with the 8 floors was more time consuming to set up than I expected so I had to guess quite a few :(

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

the worst news i've heard all day is that the LG with cleaning eight floors was real.

• LSAT StudentLSAT Student Alum Member
    156 karma

@alykdesire said:
    Does anyone know if the poem paraphrase question/section was real?

real

• lawschoolhopeful1996lawschoolhopeful1996 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 49 karma

@MaxiePooh

I also had 2 LR sections with 25 questions and 1 with 26. Glad I am not alone. I felt like the 2nd 25 section one was more difficult than the first. Also my order was LR, RC, LR, LR, LG

• ajcarlton5ajcarlton5 Alum Member
    36 karma

@ht348 said:

@ajcarlton5 said:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the games were really hard... Having experimental LR is really exacerbating my post-test anxiety because I have no idea which questions happened in which section nor do I remember how well I felt after each section... Guess it's just wait and see.

SAME! LG especially last one with the 8 floors was more time consuming to set up than I expected so I had to guess quite a few :(

I know, I feel like I was pretty beat at that point and that was probably the worst combination of games for me :(

• MaxiePoohMaxiePooh Member
    21 karma

@lawschoolhopeful1996 said:
    @MaxiePooh

I also had 2 LR sections with 25 questions and 1 with 26. Glad I am not alone. I felt like the 2nd 25 section one was more difficult than the first.
    yes I screwed up with the second one and I think the second one is real?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I felt like LR was tougher than average (seriously, what was up with the fish with fingers and Greek play?? ugh) but not unreasonable. I'm bummed about LG because it seemed pretty straight forward to me but I didn't finish in time. It's a little nice to hear that others felt like it was really hard. I didn't have any trouble diagramming things, it just was a lot to keep track of, especially on the cleaning building floors one. Sounds like I'm in good company.

RC is my worst section usually, but this one seemed not too hard. I had 2 RCs and not sure how I feel about finding out which one was real. I felt like I did pretty solidly in it, but I ran out of time and was a dummy and didn't even fill in the last 2 Qs. Ugh! How did I not get guesses in? Dangit. But I felt like I probably got more right than usual. But sadly, more wrong than usual on LG and possible LR.

Overall, I feel like it's probably going to be pretty consistent with where I've been PTing. And now, we wait....

• eagles111eagles111 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 45 karma

What's been the general consensus on the curve/overall difficulty? It seems like to me, and i hate to say this, but overall it was a fair exam without any clear curveballs, except I hated the last game- couldnt get it to work but it seemed like a normal game or any other day. RC did not seem to be that bad. LR seemed to have quite a number of obscure questions, including the question on movie reviews

• lawschoolhopeful1996lawschoolhopeful1996 Alum Member
    49 karma

@MaxiePooh said:

@lawschoolhopeful1996 said:
    @MaxiePooh

I also had 2 LR sections with 25 questions and 1 with 26. Glad I am not alone. I felt like the 2nd 25 section one was more difficult than the first.
    yes I screwed up with the second one and I think the second one is real?

I am not sure which one was real. I am trying to remember what questions came from what sections but am having a hard time remembering :/

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    the worst news i've heard all day is that the LG with cleaning eight floors was real.

Same, actually let out a frustrated scream in the parking garage. Killed my experimental section.

• MikelsaTMikelsaT Member
    10 karma

Had 3 LR 1 LG 1 RC

10 karma

I had a question about Trexs in America and how no other prehistoric animal was larger or something like that

• needmylsat180needmylsat180 Alum Member
    175 karma

@midnightx35 said:
    The order of my test was LR (25), RC, LR (25), LR (26), LG. The question topics that I remember from the LR sections are:

First LR 25: prodevelopment was the first question

Second LR 25: a question about commitment should be morally neutral

Third LR 26: science with physical phenomena, tornado, Indian spice.

For me, I honestly thought that the first LR section was the hardest and second was very easy. It seems like the second one is the experimental section which is pretty upsetting...

I feel the same. I have 25 25 26 as well and the 1st 25 was harder than the second 25...
    Which one is even experimental...

• learningphilelearningphile Member
    86 karma

I had RC real, LR25 (Mayors), LG, RC experimental, and LR26.

I usually do -0/1 LR each, -0 LG, and -4 RC, but I am sure I reversed LG with RC on this test. The subway game really slowed me down, so I didn't have enough time to finish the apartments game. I was really sad when I opened section 4 and saw RC. I was hoping the apartments game was experimental.

All in all, I felt like I underperformed because of not knocking LG out. But I think the easy RC compensates for harder LG making the curve come out to a normal -10 or -11 for 170. Anyone feel similarly about the likelihood of curve getting evened out by easier RC?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@learningphile said:

I usually do -0/1 LR each, -0 LG, and -4 RC, but I am sure I reversed LG with RC on this test. The subway game really slowed me down, so I didn't have enough time to finish the apartments game. I was really sad when I opened section 4 and saw RC. I was hoping the apartments game was experimental.

All in all, I felt like I underperformed because of not knocking LG out. But I think the easy RC compensates for harder LG making the curve come out to a normal -10 or -11 for 170. Anyone feel similarly about the likelihood of curve getting evened out by easier RC?

Yeah, same. Feel like the curve will be middle of the road. Easier RC, harder LG and medium-hard LR.

10 karma

@wuxinyi9512 I had that and only had one LG

• nikkik33333nikkik33333 Free Trial Member
    36 karma

Was the LR question about hunters in pre-homo sapiens Europe real or experimental?

• duncan.morrow5duncan.morrow5 Alum Member
    7 karma

I am so, so glad that the leaker game was experimental. I had never seen one like that before, I no idea what to do, ended up panicking and trying to brute force it with less than 5 minutes left, which meant I had to guess for the last three. I was really panicking about it post-test. The real LG section I found really easy, finished with time to check my answers.

• connorschweitzerconnorschweitzer Alum Member
    12 karma

@learningphile said:

I'm in the same boat. The LG was hard. I think I forgot they could design a really hard LG section without adding a fancy, unorthodox game.

I think it'll be -12.

• jelmasryjelmasry Free Trial Member
    2 karma

My sections were LR (25), RC, LR (25), LR (26) and LG. Trying to figure out my experimental LR, did anyone have the question like if it rains in H Valley then it usually snows in N valley, if it snows there it rains somewhere else

• mdswinkmdswink Member
    11 karma

I’ve seen what’s listed as the real RC section but could anyone refresh my memory on some of the experimental RC passages you had? I’m drawing blanks right now but I’m almost positive I liked the experimental RC better I actually finished that one :(

• campb112campb112 Member
    4 karma

LR-25, RC, LR-26, LR-26, LG.
    I remember the Greek one, definately circled and kept on grooving ahead. Good Luck everyone

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@nikkik33333 said:
    Was the LR question about hunters in pre-homo sapiens Europe real or experimental?

Experimental, I didn't have it.

edited December 2017 3279 karma

@jelmasry said:
    My sections were LR (25), RC, LR (25), LR (26) and LG. Trying to figure out my experimental LR, did anyone have the question like if it rains in H Valley then it usually snows in N valley, if it snows there it rains somewhere else

I did not have anything like that.

• PandaRamenPandaRamen Alum Member
    edited December 2017 162 karma

I had 2 RC as well... RC, LR, LG, RC, LR

If the Real RC was the Chinese-Am language, Multiverse, Chef, ???. but I can recall reading about Mayans stuff, Ballet dancer, and arbritration... I thought the Mayan, ballet passages was pretty straight forward... but who knows... my brain is mushed right now... Can anyone else remember the experimental section passages? or had the same sequence as mine? I know I messed up the first RC section.

36 karma

Hmm. Well that complicates things. The order of mine was LR (25) RC LR (25) LR (26) LG. I was under the impression that the first LR section was the experimental one, but if the "hunters in pre-homo sapiens Europe" question was experimental then it appears that the second LR section was the experimental one instead. That's upsetting if that's true, I found the first LR section quite a bit harder than the other two.

@10000019 said:

@nikkik33333 said:

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@eagles111 said:
    What's been the general consensus on the curve/overall difficulty? It seems like to me, and i hate to say this, but overall it was a fair exam without any clear curveballs, except I hated the last game- couldnt get it to work but it seemed like a normal game or any other day. RC did not seem to be that bad. LR seemed to have quite a number of obscure questions, including the question on movie reviews

I took > @eagles111 said:

I took in June and september and monitored the forum zealously after each. I felt the difficulties of June and sept. were comparable, and today was slightly tougher. But the public reaction seems to be that todays was a little tougher. I'd guess a -12 curve

7 karma

@nikkik33333 said:
    Hmm. Well that complicates things. The order of mine was LR (25) RC LR (25) LR (26) LG. I was under the impression that the first LR section was the experimental one, but if the "hunters in pre-homo sapiens Europe" question was experimental then it appears that the second LR section was the experimental one instead. That's upsetting if that's true, I found the first LR section quite a bit harder than the other two.

@10000019 said:

@nikkik33333 said:

I’m not sure it was experimental. I ~vaguely~ remember it, and I had experimental LG. Was it something about neanderthals not needing to use language to construct tools?

edited December 2017 36 karma

@"duncan.morrow5" said:

@nikkik33333 said:

@10000019 said:

@nikkik33333 said:

I’m not sure it was experimental. I ~vaguely~ remember it, and I had experimental LG. Was it something about neanderthals not needing to use language to construct tools?

It was about a spear found from 400000 years ago in Europe that supports the idea that pre-homo Sapiens inhabitants were hunters rather than just gatherers

• eagles111eagles111 Free Trial Member
    45 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:

@eagles111 said:

I took > @eagles111 said:

I took in June and september and monitored the forum zealously after each. I felt the difficulties of June and sept. were comparable, and today was slightly tougher. But the public reaction seems to be that todays was a little tougher. I'd guess a -12 curve

Same - i took both june and septembre. Is slightly tougher , tougher or less tough than little tougher from the public reactions? I feel like today's game was tougher (I think people now assume games are easy if there are no curve balls after 77,79 and 80). RC seemed easier than June+September. LR I am a bad guesser in that...

7 karma

@nikkik33333 said:

@"duncan.morrow5" said:

@nikkik33333 said:

@10000019 said:

@nikkik33333 said:

It was about a spear found from 400000 years ago in Europe that supports the idea that pre-homo Sapiens inhabitants were hunters rather than just gatherers

ahh, yeah, that’s experimental

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

I also had 3 LR and there's some questions people with 3 LR are asking about that I don't remember seeing at all (unless they were all the last one or two of the sections which I didn't get to), it seems like there could maybe be 2 different LR experimentals? Is that possible?

@MaxiePooh said:

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@"J.D.s_maketheworldbetter" said:
    We have everything set? Had 2 LGs but can confirm everything else

LR Real (1) - [Removed] about fusion of atoms and heat (25 Qs)
    LR Real (2) - [Removed] of herbal medicines that eventually become harmful (26 Qs)
    RC Real - 1- Chinese speakers in San Fran, 2- Multiverse, 3- Comedy and chef IP [Removed], , 4 - Social Dariwinism (2 and 3 might be switched)

Edited your post a bit but thanks! Added the ones I was missing.

I have three LRs, 25, 25 and 26 so pretty sure of one the 25 is experimental. However saw many people saying their three LRs are 26,26, 25 so one of the 26 is experimental. Is it possible there are different experimental section for LR despite we all have three LRs or I am in deep trouble with my memorization?

3279 karma

There are multiple experimental sections.
    Mine was ridiculous. Almost 50% MOR questions. It was so obvious that it was an experimental, but I still gave it my best.

• Ever1290Ever1290 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 13 karma

Removed

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

so disappointed to hear that what I thought was the real RC was the experimental haha ughhhhh

• mo1996mo1996 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 10 karma

I had LR,RC,LR,LR,LG. I forgot the amount of questions per section but I felt like the 1st and 2nd LR were very easy and the 3rd tough. I've seen people say 1st section was difficult and its making me anxious now

• astudley91astudley91 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:
    had three LRs, i remember one was hard... it had 26 questions and a question about an ancient greek charachter reading a tablet that asked to reject one of the statements? Was that experimental?

Some PLEASE tell us this was experimental?

I had the same thing. Please let me know if you find out if the tablet one is the experimental

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:
    had three LRs, i remember one was hard... it had 26 questions and a question about an ancient greek charachter reading a tablet that asked to reject one of the statements? Was that experimental?

I had the same thing. Please let me know if you find out if the tablet one is the experimental

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:

Tablet was real :(

36 karma

Could someone kindly try to figure out which section was experimental for those of us with the order: LR (25), RC, LR (25), LR (26), LG ??
    I think that quite a few people are trying to figure this out. I also think that it's agreed upon that the third section (the 26 question one) was real.
    Unfortunately I cannot remember any of the questions from the first two LR sections (the 25 question ones) except for one about horses, spears, and pre-homo Sapiens inhabitants in the second section.

• hchamz123hchamz123 Free Trial Member
    74 karma

@WittyNameHere said:
    RC/LR/LG/LG/LR here.

RC felt pretty straightforward. I'm guessing 1/2 wrong.

No clue on the first LR. I typically range between 0-2 wrong on LR, but I guessed on a minimum of two on that section and didn't feel very confident in my other answers.

Both LG were tight on time and resulted in a couple guesses at the end.

Second LR felt normal and I finished with plenty of time.

All things considered, I definitely underperformed today. The first LR (Caligula) could be anywhere between - 2 and - 8/9. Pretty dissaponted, as LR had always been my strongest section.

@alykdesire said:
    Does anyone know if the poem paraphrase question/section was real?

That section was real, and I HATED that question!

• astudley91astudley91 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

@mdswink said:
    I’ve seen what’s listed as the real RC section but could anyone refresh my memory on some of the experimental RC passages you had? I’m drawing blanks right now but I’m almost positive I liked the experimental RC better I actually finished that one :(

Experimental RC was-
    Comparative gold mining
    Naturalist protest fiction (ugh)
    Ice cores
    And a passage about wonky tax plans

I HATED that experimental section was so happy to see it didn’t count that protest piece was vicious.

772 karma

@hira_extr said:

If the Real RC was the Chinese-Am language, Multiverse, Chef, ???. but I can recall reading about Mayans stuff, Ballet dancer, and arbritration... I thought the Mayan, ballet passages was pretty straight forward... but who knows... my brain is mushed right now... Can anyone else remember the experimental section passages? or had the same sequence as mine? I know I messed up the first RC section.

Had same exact one. So disappointed to hear that the Chinese Am one was real. I felt so good about the Mayan and ballet passages! The AB passage was about arbitration and the fourth some science passage with a lady's name that started with an N or something. My experimental RC was the fourth section.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I had the same structure as well! Although the first RC section was somewhat easy I was a little tripped up. I thought it was the experimental, but now I'm unsure because that had the Chinese Dialect, Multiverse... which is apparently real. My second RC had the ballet dancer, arbitration, social theorist and Mayan stuff. It seems like we had the experimental and "real" mixed together which is really weird .

@hira_extr said:

• armyericsmitharmyericsmith Member
    10 karma

Maybe I’m crazy but I felt like that was the easiest LG section I’ve ever done. I was kinda incredulous halfway through.

• krogers55krogers55 Alum Member
    15 karma

@Kermit750 said:
    I had the same structure as well! Although the first RC section was somewhat easy I was a little tripped up. I thought it was the experimental, but now I'm unsure because that had the Chinese Dialect, Multiverse... which is apparently real. My second RC had the ballet dancer, arbitration, social theorist and Mayan stuff. It seems like we had the experimental and "real" mixed together which is really weird .

@hira_extr said:

Is that actually possible for the two to be mixed together?

• lsatstudent-1lsatstudent-1 Alum Member
    64 karma

I still can't figure out which one of my 3 LR sections was experimental. The only question I remember the section of was about Species X and was near the end of my second LR section (section 3) with 26 questions. I think the order was LR-RC-LR-LR-LG. From what I'm seeing it seems there were 2 versions of experimental LR sections/ordering, one of them with 25 questions and one of them with 26 questions and coming second (like mine). Does it seem like this question was then in the experimental?

@"lsatstudent-1" said:
    Was the LR section with a question about Species X experimental or real? (Second LR section for me.)

772 karma

@kbertsch said:

@Kermit750 said:

@hira_extr said:

Is that actually possible for the two to be mixed together?

I am confused what you mean by the two being mixed together? Just wondering because I had these exact same ones and my "experimental" was section four. I thought experimentals were typically Sections 1-3?

• PandaRamenPandaRamen Alum Member
    162 karma

I think we had it mixed up because the experimental seemed less difficult than the real RC. I do not know what happened there. I really thought the first section was hard, yet everyone is saying it was straightforward :(

@Kermit750 said:

@hira_extr said:

• akuhnamatata_akuhnamatata_ Member
    edited December 2017 6 karma

sorry to be so late to the discussion;
    I had RC, LG, LR, LG, LR.

I thought my first LG was the experimental one; it was extremely rough! The second LG was actual. It related to herbs {or maybe vegetables that I’ve seen people say}, cleaning floors, committees and opposing.

Someone else who did NOT have experimental had: train station shut downs, floor cleaning, and musicals auditions.

• ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

@10000019 said:
    There are multiple experimental sections.
    Mine was ridiculous. Almost 50% MOR questions. It was so obvious that it was an experimental, but I still gave it my best.

What’s “MOR”??