Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• ajcarlton5ajcarlton5 Alum Member
    36 karma

@ht348 said:

@10000019 said:
    There are multiple experimental sections.
    Mine was ridiculous. Almost 50% MOR questions. It was so obvious that it was an experimental, but I still gave it my best.

What’s “MOR”??

Method of reasoning

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3521 karma

Hmm. Based on what everyone is saying it feels like the curve might end up being kind of high. Remember last time we grossly underestimated the curve -> most of the 7Sagers said it was going to be like a -9 and it turned out to be a -12.

A lot of people are conceding that the games were hard..and tbh a lot of people I know that are high scorers..

I'm thinking the curve will be a minimum -12. But maybe it wouldn't be crazy to think a -13 or -14 could happen.

• WittyNameHereWittyNameHere Member
    31 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Hmm. Based on what everyone is saying it feels like the curve might end up being kind of high. Remember last time we grossly underestimated the curve -> most of the 7Sagers said it was going to be like a -9 and it turned out to be a -12.

A lot of people are conceding that the games were hard..and tbh a lot of people I know that are high scorers..

I'm thinking the curve will be a minimum -12. But maybe it wouldn't be crazy to think a -13 or -14 could happen.

As much as I'd love to see that, my guess is a - 11 curve. RC was easier than recent tests, LG was moderate and LR was standard.

• ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

@"lsatstudent-1" said:
    I still can't figure out which one of my 3 LR sections was experimental. The only question I remember the section of was about Species X and was near the end of my second LR section (section 3) with 26 questions. I think the order was LR-RC-LR-LR-LG. From what I'm seeing it seems there were 2 versions of experimental LR sections/ordering, one of them with 25 questions and one of them with 26 questions and coming second (like mine). Does it seem like this question was then in the experimental?

@"lsatstudent-1" said:
    Was the LR section with a question about Species X experimental or real? (Second LR section for me.)

@ajcarlton5 said:

@ht348 said:

@10000019 said:
    There are multiple experimental sections.
    Mine was ridiculous. Almost 50% MOR questions. It was so obvious that it was an experimental, but I still gave it my best.

What’s “MOR”??

Method of reasoning

Oh then I totally agree. I had one with so many method of reasoning so the questions were quite long. And i really hoped it was experimental... !!!

• denishadenisha Alum Member
    69 karma

@Hannah56 said:

@castinghallpublicity said:
    Had two LGs. One was straightforward, but difficult. The other was weird (rumor game) but easier. Really hope it’s the latter.

RCs - dual paragraphs about relationships of comics and chefs to IP law was real.

Also had Chinese language, as mentioned,

... and a passage about parallel universes aka “the multiverse.”

One of the LRs had a question about nuclear fusion.

Did u take it in the US? I took mine overseas and I got the rumor LG section. So I guess that's the expermental for both of us

I took mine overseas and got 2 LG also - one of them being the rumour game and artifacts.

• preslee18preslee18 Member
    15 karma

Do Decemeber scores typically take the full-time alloted to be released? I have heard that it is common that the time period tends to be shorter for the December LSAT. Just wondering if this is true?

• butler17butler17 Alum Member
    55 karma

One of my LG sections had a set of questions surrounding a debate, I can't tell by the description of games in the forum which one that was. Can someone help me out with that and if it was experimental or real? thanks!

• MaxiePoohMaxiePooh Member
    21 karma

@LauraC829 said:
    I also had 3 LR and there's some questions people with 3 LR are asking about that I don't remember seeing at all (unless they were all the last one or two of the sections which I didn't get to), it seems like there could maybe be 2 different LR experimentals? Is that possible?

@MaxiePooh said:

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:

@"J.D.s_maketheworldbetter" said:
    We have everything set? Had 2 LGs but can confirm everything else

LR Real (1) - [Removed] about fusion of atoms and heat (25 Qs)
    LR Real (2) - [Removed] of herbal medicines that eventually become harmful (26 Qs)
    RC Real - 1- Chinese speakers in San Fran, 2- Multiverse, 3- Comedy and chef IP [Removed], , 4 - Social Dariwinism (2 and 3 might be switched)

Edited your post a bit but thanks! Added the ones I was missing.

I have three LRs, 25, 25 and 26 so pretty sure of one the 25 is experimental. However saw many people saying their three LRs are 26,26, 25 so one of the 26 is experimental. Is it possible there are different experimental section for LR despite we all have three LRs or I am in deep trouble with my memorization?

yes, I think even for us who got three LRs, there are different experimentals

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Hey guys,

I just took the LSAT in Asia. I had two RC sections and I’m trying to identify which one was experimental.

Did any one of you who took the test in Asia have a passage on George Balanchine (baller choreographer)?

• H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member
    204 karma

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

I just took the LSAT in Asia. I had two RC sections and I’m trying to identify which one was experimental.

Did any one of you who took the test in Asia have a passage on George Balanchine (baller choreographer)?

Yeah, I got that one.

Unfortunately, I think that's the experimental section. That was my first section, and the multi-verse one was in my 4th section.

I am legit upset because the experimental RC was dope.

• jennyleejhjennyleejh Alum Member
    145 karma

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

I read that US experimental had Mayan civilization.. was that in the same section as the passage on George balanchine?

• DawnHenryDawnHenry Alum Member
    298 karma

I’m really down about today. I was really confident going in and felt the first two sections went ok (RC and LR)..a little short of time at the end of each and had to rush a little, but nothing horrible. Then I got the LG section with the floors and it just went south. I probably only got about half of that whole section. When I saw the second LG after the break (fruit one) I was happy, thinking the first one had to be the experimental. I did better on the second one but not as well as I’d like. Last LR was ok.

Disappointed that the 1st LG was the real one. I have no idea how I did overall, but suspect I’m going to be unhappy. Ugh

• ErikCM25ErikCM25 Alum Member
    6 karma

Seems like RC was too easy to warrant a -12/13. LG was grinding but nothing too out of the ordinary... I thought everything was pretty typical besides the 26Q LR which seemed difficult at times

9372 karma

@"jh.lee_jenny" said:

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

I read that US experimental had Mayan civilization.. was that in the same section as the passage on George balanchine?

Thanks! I think I had the Mayan civilization passage but I can’t remember which section it was in....

• butler17butler17 Alum Member
    55 karma

@DawnHenry said:
    I’m really down about today. I was really confident going in and felt the first two sections went ok (RC and LR)..a little short of time at the end of each and had to rush a little, but nothing horrible. Then I got the LG section with the floors and it just went south. I probably only got about half of that whole section. When I saw the second LG after the break (fruit one) I was happy, thinking the first one had to be the experimental. I did better on the second one but not as well as I’d like. Last LR was ok.

Disappointed that the 1st LG was the real one. I have no idea how I did overall, but suspect I’m going to be unhappy. Ugh

You are definitely not alone. I had the same test and that LG section is giving me anxiety even after the test.

• TomUSNA12TomUSNA12 Member
    56 karma

I had two LG (Sections 3 and 4). Thought section 4 was a little bit easier, more traditional. Both were tough in that I had a tough time making initial inferences. I just had to brute force try things. Thought the rest of the test was fair.

• ktvarda1ktvarda1 Alum Member
    164 karma

My brain is still fried and I cannot remember any questions from the LR that I’m hoping was experimental... I just remember at one point a lot of my answers were “E”. Was that experimental????? Sorry if this isn’t enough info :(

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    236 karma

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

I also got two RCs, one had George Balanchine, a comparative passage about reductionist, Mayan civilization (was the US experimental also about drought?) and a female scientist whose name I couldn't remember (she specialized in variance or something); the other one had a law passage about formalism, Bebop jazz, a comparative passage about arbitration clause in business contract and polyester.
    I did really bad in the second RC, especially for the Bebop jazz passage... if it's the real section, then my tears will revive the Mayan civilization.

• ramster1ramster1 Member
    edited December 2017 109 karma

One of our proctors fell asleep in the back and started to snore really loudly during one of our sections, and the other had her cell phone go off during the second testing section. I took the June test at another location and the proctors were way more professional. But I don't think it was too distracting overall, just a bit surprising.

LR, RC, LG, LR, LG. LR & RC pretty straightforward. Panicked a bit on the LG's, unfortunately, so it's down to how well I forced out unvetted answers in the mad final few minutes. I'm guessing the LG will probably push my score below my target :( But we shall see..

I hope many of you are pleasantly surprised in Jan.! Glad it's over.

9372 karma

@UltrOmOnX said:

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

I also got two RCs, one had George Balanchine, a comparative passage about reductionist, Mayan civilization (was the US experimental also about drought?) and a female scientist whose name I couldn't remember (she specialized in variance or something); the other one had a law passage about formalism, Bebop jazz, a comparative passage about arbitration clause in business contract and polyester.
    I did really bad in the second RC, especially for the Bebop jazz passage... if it's the real section, then my tears will revive the Mayan civilization.

Yea, the second one (bebop) was harder! Crossing fingers the drought hypothesis (Mayan civilization) is the real one!!!

• yudeshen0624yudeshen0624 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

I wonder why we can not talk about details, is there gonna be someone who take the same questions later? IF it is the case, then I am pretty sure there will soon be a illegally industry around this loophole of lsat in China.

• jennyleejhjennyleejh Alum Member
    145 karma

@UltrOmOnX said:

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

Emmy noether should be the lady whose name you can't remember. And since Emmy noether and Mayan civilization were both experimental sections on the US exam.. I presume the other section with the bebop passage was the real one D:

9372 karma

@"jh.lee_jenny" said:

@UltrOmOnX said:

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

Emmy noether should be the lady whose name you can't remember. And since Emmy noether and Mayan civilization were both experimental sections on the US exam.. I presume the other section with the bebop passage was the real one D:

Oh.... thank you!

9372 karma

@"jh.lee_jenny" said:

@UltrOmOnX said:

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

I just realized that they used the exactly same test as the October makeup LSAT 2017 for the December LSAT in Asia:
    https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=15413

• Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    813 karma

I found the RC section in LSAT Asia to be quite difficult, initially i just skipped the bepop passage and came back to it after doing the oyster chemical protein passage. It was hard to figure out its structure.

• anonymous25anonymous25 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 16 karma

Can anyone confirm that the $5,000 - $18,000 question about the car dealership was real? I had 3 LR sections and noticed it's not listed on the official real/experimental page.

• StothentothekStothentothek Free Trial Member
    69 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:
    had three LRs, i remember one was hard... it had 26 questions and a question about an ancient greek charachter reading a tablet that asked to reject one of the statements? Was that experimental?

Some PLEASE tell us this was experimental?

Nope. Real! 2 LRs. That one was weird

• LSAT 2148LSAT 2148 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 7 karma

• hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member
    130 karma

Urgent question: Is the LR question about statins/high cardivascular experimental or real??????

LR- as expected, average, nothing unusual
    RC- easy
    LG- first game was super easy, 2nd/3rd/4th game all hardish. In retrospect, the cleaning floor game should be very easy if you put time up front setting up the game but I panicked towards the end and mismanaged my time, guessing on few :( Anyways, the cleaning floor game was still nothing unusual

Expecting about -10 or -11 curve due to the easy RC section.

• side braidside braid Member
    83 karma

@anonymous25 said:
    Can anyone confirm that the $5,000 - $18,000 question about the car dealership was real? I had 3 LR sections and noticed it's not listed on the official real/experimental page.

Yes this was real. I had two LGs and remember this question.

69 karma

My test was RC/LR/LG/LG/LR.

I had a movies game that I don't see mentioned. I'm thinking experimental?

69 karma

@Stothentothek said:

I also had one about archeological cities I think?

130 karma

is the LR question about farm dust/inflammatory to lungs/mice real or experimental??? Question stem was "which one of the questions would be useful in evaluating the argument?"

236 karma

@"jh.lee_jenny" said:

@UltrOmOnX said:

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

Oh no... this is devastating, I totally bombed it, I guess I'll have to take this ungodly test again in February...

edited December 2017 236 karma

@akistotle said:

@"jh.lee_jenny" said:

@UltrOmOnX said:

@akistotle said:
    Hey guys,

I just realized that they used the exactly same test as the October makeup LSAT 2017 for the December LSAT in Asia:
    https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=15413

Guess that's why the LSAC people don't disclose the international tests, very economical

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@hlkoo1212 said:
    is the LR question about farm dust/inflammatory to lungs/mice real or experimental??? Question stem was "which one of the questions would be useful in evaluating the argument?"

I think experimental. I don't remember anything like that and I only had 2 LR sections.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@Stothentothek said:

I think so, I don't remember a movie game on my test. I had two RC's.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@anonymous25 said:

Can confirm, that was real.

8392 karma

@hlkoo1212 said:

Pretty sure experimental. I had only 2 real LR sections and that does not sound familiar at all.

edited December 2017 130 karma

@Sami said:

@Stothentothek said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@hlkoo1212 said:

Pretty sure experimental. I had only 2 real LR sections and that does not sound familiar at all.

Thank you both of you! Do you remember an LR question about statins/high cardiovascular?

8392 karma

Just want to say, I usually do fairly well with LR (-3 or -4 per section) but there were several questions that I could barely even figure out what they were asking. Maybe my brain was fried because it was section 5 but I legit could not even understand the dolphin question. I read it about 8 times and still had not even a clue. The Greek tablet one too. The answers all seemed insane, barely even related to the question. Black and white camouflage, I understood the question but the answers were all pretty wacky. The prehistoric fish fingers, I literally let out a quiet laugh because, first of all, the subject matter was bananas. Gonna have to go google finger fish lol. But also none of the answers seemed to fit at all.

I don't know if this all was test day brain fry, or the LR was significantly difficult. It felt pretty tough to me. The good news being, RC felt easier than average. So, crossing my (fish) fingers that they all balanced out and I scored around my average PTs.

PS - Team Kate-Li-should-pass-on-that-tip!

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

So I feel like I am perhaps being but anyone have any idea what the curve could be regarding the logic games? I honestly just bubbled in random letters for the last two games ( closing one variable and honestly didn't even have time to read the last one) I am REALLY FREAKING OUT.
    Ok thanks.

• SerenityFalconSerenityFalcon Alum Member
    86 karma

I had 2 LG sections: one was very hard for me (metro stations closing)-- I ended up guessing about half the questions there, and the other was a breeze (can't recall topics) that I finished early on. After reading this thread, I am realizing that the hard one has been predicted to be real. Very disappointing--- I was so so sure the hard one was experimental and that my score would be higher than any PT's!

8392 karma

@hlkoo1212 said:

@Sami said:

@Stothentothek said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@hlkoo1212 said:

Thank you both of you! Do you remember an LR question about statins/high cardiovascular?

I don't think so...

8392 karma

@"nicole.r.young" said:
    I had 2 LG sections: one was very hard for me (metro stations closing)-- I ended up guessing about half the questions there, and the other was a breeze (can't recall topics) that I finished early on. After reading this thread, I am realizing that the hard one has been predicted to be real. Very disappointing--- I was so so sure the hard one was experimental and that my score would be higher than any PT's!

Yeah, the real LG had metro stations closing, and the game with floors of a building.

8392 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    So I feel like I am perhaps being but anyone have any idea what the curve could be regarding the logic games? I honestly just bubbled in random letters for the last two games ( closing one variable and honestly didn't even have time to read the last one) I am REALLY FREAKING OUT.
    Ok thanks.

I'm guessing the test will be -11. Tough but not unreasonable. Dave Killoran predicting -11 or -12.

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

Has anyone single layered with two spots for every day, the "hard game" instead of double layering it? Seemed to help with ordering

729 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@mcglz_64 said:
    Ok thanks.

I'm guessing the test will be -11. Tough but not unreasonable. Dave Killoran predicting -11 or -12.

Who's Dave killoran? Lol

8392 karma
    edited December 2017 729 karma

Oh lol I haven't used the bibles :0