Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sufficient & Necessary Conditions. Groups 1-4

sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
edited December 2017 in General 1501 karma

Do we need to memorize which logical operators belong to which group #? Is that the idea? Or is it more to grasp the concept of the language and be able to read the sentence and know which is the necessary vs sufficient, thereby knowing placement for sc --> nc. I hope this makes sense. I am at about 13% in the CC and doing the quizzes. I am finding myself, in order to be fast, having to look at my notes to determine to which group the logical operator belongs. Am I acting to fast, do I need to work on identifying it not by group numbers, or do I? Am I to be working on accuracy and understanding here before speed?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dytmom_3x said:
    Do we need to memorize which logical operators belong to which group #? Is that the idea? Or is it more to grasp the concept of the language and be able to read the sentence and know which is the necessary vs sufficient, thereby knowing placement for sc --> nc. I hope this makes sense. I am at about 13% in the CC and doing the quizzes. I am finding myself, in order to be fast, having to look at my notes to determine to which group the logical operator belongs. Am I acting to fast, do I need to work on identifying it not by group numbers, or do I? Am I to be working on accuracy and understanding here before speed?

No, you don't necessarily need to know the group numbers, but it will make your life a lot easier going forward. The important thing to know is the logical operators and what to do with them. For example, you see the word "no" and you should be able to immediately know to negate the necessary condition. When you memorize the operators and which belong to which group, it makes it a lot easier to remember. It may not seem like it now, but as you move along in your studies, you'll be glad you did.

Yes, work on accuracy and understanding before speed, always. Take some time this week to just work on memorizing and understanding the 4 groups and the logical operators in each.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

Thank you so much!