Admissions Webinar + Editing Giveaway! Dec 5 @ 9 p.m. ET

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
in Webinars 7272 karma

7Sagers,

On Tuesday, December 5, at 9 p.m. ET, I’ll host an admissions webinar with brand new material. I’ll start with last-minute application tips, and then a few other editors will join me for live lightning consultations.

What’s a lightning consultation? We’ll call on you one at a time and try to be as helpful as possible in five minutes or less. We can brainstorm personal statement topics, strategize about addenda, discuss LORs, or answer general admissions questions.

:cookie: After the webinar, we’ll give one attendee a free critique of a personal statement or résumé.

:warning: You’ll have to register for this webinar in advance.

→ Please register for the webinar (Dec 5, 2017 @ 9:00 p.m. ET) here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8894474411153176835

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

We hope to see you there!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I highly recommend going! I went to the last one and it was awesome. Even listening to others questions will help!

I will try to make it to this one again!

• SerenityFalconSerenityFalcon Alum Member
    86 karma

Signed up!
    Last one was super helpful to hear others' questions and the experts' suggestions.

• bridgetanselbridgetansel Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Hmm... the page won't load.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@bridgetansel said:
    Hmm... the page won't load.

Please clear your cache and try again:
    http://7sage.com/clear-cache/

The link is loading fine for me. :(

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

I'm excited to see you all at the webinar—tonight at 9 p.m. ET!

• jetercicelyjetercicely Alum Member
    edited December 2017 13 karma

Is there a webinar ID for the app?

Found it... 160-903-739

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 488 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    I'm excited to see you all at the webinar—tonight at 9 p.m. ET!

I was wondering if you have anything for mock interview for admissions interview prep, such as for HLS admissions interview?

If so, could you please provide info about it. Thanks.

7272 karma

@lsat2016 We're working on adding an interview section to the admissions course, but it's not ready yet. Sorry! We do offer mock interviews to our consulting clients, but I'm afraid we don't have any free resources.

• jetercicelyjetercicely Alum Member
    13 karma

I am so embarrassed! Got everything together to listen in while I was at nail salon but finished before the webinar, which one would say is great, headed over to the coffee shop and started on 7sage LSAT training and the webinar totally slipped my mind. Had a Homer Simpson moment D'oh!!!! Is there another insight?

7272 karma

Hi everyone,

At the end of the webinar, we asked you what 7Sage Editor Amy's hidden talent is. The correct answer is "grapheme-color synesthesia," which someone actually knew, but I'll share some of our favorite answers:

• Having graduated with an MFA, you'd think her hidden talent would be the ability to, in words, capture some small glimpse of the human soul. You'd be wrong, though--that's an overt talent. Her hidden talent is the ability to write sets of filthy but endearing waka (while following medieval Welsh rules of sequential/progressive alliteration) that could level cities or rip open the fabric of wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-spacey-placey-thing, but instead used to get quinoa boxes from high shelves.
    • Burp the alphabet.
    • Oh...um well the clarinet guy was on twice. That counts for something, right? I think Amy (besides being an accomplished writer and a holder of a MFA) has a talent with horses?
    • Amy's hidden talent, she's a poet? That or she's a weapons master.
    • She can hear colors!
    • Catch grapes from all directions
    • Casually incorporating 7-8 bathroom trips a day without arousing office gossip.

Thanks to everyone who came!

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    @lsat2016 We're working on adding an interview section to the admissions course, but it's not ready yet. Sorry! We do offer mock interviews to our consulting clients, but I'm afraid we don't have any free resources.

Is there any information about rate etc for a typical harvard type half hour mock interview?

7272 karma

@lsat2016 You can use your purchase of Admissions Edit Once for one hour of our time, and you can use a purchase of Admissions Unlimited for three hours of our time.