Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happens if my newest LSAT score is lower...

ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member

If I don't decide to cancel, and I submit some applications now, but then later find out that God forbid perhaps my December score is lower than my previous one, would that affect how the admissions see my application?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

If you're applying to schools in the states, I don't think you have much to worry about. All the experts seems to agree that most schools only care about your highest score. If you're applying in Canada, you might be negatively impacted.

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    If you're applying to schools in the states, I don't think you have much to worry about. All the experts seems to agree that most schools only care about your highest score. If you're applying in Canada, you might be negatively impacted.

Where did you hear this?

• KayleenVKayleenV Alum Member
    11 karma

@FerdaFresh said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Where did you hear this?

Idk about all canadian law schools, but quite a few mention that they average out all your LSAT scores, and may take into consideration significant leaps.

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    edited December 2017 561 karma

@KayleenV Interesting.. I'm surprised I didn't catch this over the past few months

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

It wont be lower. :D

just thought I'd pop in with some motivation.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@FerdaFresh said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Where did you hear this?

I just know some schools in Canada average scores. And while many> @KayleenV said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Where did you hear this?

Idk about all canadian law schools, but quite a few mention that they average out all your LSAT scores, and may take into consideration significant leaps.

Yup! I know, for example, Alberta averages them. So definitely check out which schools average and which don't.

• ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

Thanks everyone for your responses!!