Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official December LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• saturnsunsaturnsun Free Trial Member
    156 karma

@lawchoolpi said:

@"gillian.s.hawley" said:
    Does anyone remember an LR question about people saying "I am in pain"?

hmm.. doesn't ring a bell. do you remember any other part of the question?

It was a Strengthen question; the stimulus also included the idea of sufficient/necessary (not sure I can go into much more detail than that). I don't remember anything about the parents' responsibilities to their children, but I had 3 LRs.

• saturnsunsaturnsun Free Trial Member
    156 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    How do you guys remember all this crap? lol, I can remember the RC passages and 2 LG. No specific questions other than 1 in LR that really tripped me up. How do you do it? Everything was such a blur.

I only really remember the ones that tripped me up.

• jaswaffojaswaffo Free Trial Member
    27 karma

Did anyone remember one of the LR questions that was like "which is the LEAST likely to be disproved/rejected/something like that"? Please say that was experimental bc I've never seen a question like that

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

@jaswaffo said:
    Did anyone remember one of the LR questions that was like "which is the LEAST likely to be disproved/rejected/something like that"? Please say that was experimental bc I've never seen a question like that

yea this one was weird and I stalled on it! I had 3 LR sections so I couldn't tell you.

• DeepNotShallowDeepNotShallow Alum Member
    7 karma

Important Distinction. There were 2 tests with the same format but different Q#s.
    LR25, RC, LR25, LR26, LG
    AND
    LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG

If you had two LR26s then the 3rd section was experimental.
    If you had two LR25 then the 1st section was experimental.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

I keep asking about this one but did anyone else get tripped up by 3rd LG real game? I literally brute forced my way through. Something about the language (this one is closing this one is not) and then it being switched around in the questions really confused me and it's giving me nightmares post test.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2017 13286 karma

@"gillian.s.hawley" said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    How do you guys remember all this crap? lol, I can remember the RC passages and 2 LG. No specific questions other than 1 in LR that really tripped me up. How do you do it? Everything was such a blur.

I only really remember the ones that tripped me up.

It might not be any help, because I also had 3 LR, but I don't remember this at all. I had LR(25) - RC - LR(25) - LR(26) - LG as my break down.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

I had 3 LR in this order: LR, RC, LR LR LG. i wish i could remember the kinds of questions from the first LR because I felt least comfortable on that one. I remember thinking that the reading comprehension was enjoyable and interesting, all of it! The logic games first two felt ok, the rest felt reminiscent of older logic games and more complicated.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

mcgl yeah just remembering that one you mentioned, at first i thought hey this is not so bad, i got this, but then i got a bit confused further into it. I really did not like the fourth game though

• bartman231bartman231 Member
    3 karma

2LR 1LG 2RC Real LG Four destinations/Station shut downs/Floor Cleaning/etc. Real RC was the first one.

• Kennedy SmithKennedy Smith Member
    7 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    I keep asking about this one but did anyone else get tripped up by 3rd LG real game? I literally brute forced my way through. Something about the language (this one is closing this one is not) and then it being switched around in the questions really confused me and it's giving me nightmares post test.

Yes. The 3rd game on the real LGs was insanely confusing for me. First I wrote one of the rules incorrectly, which was really distracting. Then when I got to the questions, I didn't notice that the open/close attributes were switched in most of the questions. Spent the rest of my time trying to go back and fix it and had to guess on the 4th game.

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

I don't wanna violate rules going into specifics but it was crucial you know your "not both" rules. Like writing them on your board visually (e.g. A/B) rather than just writing the rule out.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@FerdaFresh said:

@mcglz_64 said:

I don't wanna violate rules going into specifics but it was crucial you know your "not both" rules. Like writing them on your board visually (e.g. A/B) rather than just writing the rule out.

Yeah, I think this was key. Being able to accurately visualize not-both. I think just the wording on it was confusing at times and was easy to mix things up.

8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Haha - right after the test I could not remember most of it but now that there was discussion it jogged my memory.

Except for the freaking dolphins and Greek tablet - those are burned into my brain. I've never been so flabbergasted at simply reading a question. I'm sure when I'm not exhausted they'll make sense at least, but in the moment I thought I might have been losing my mind because they seemed so nonsensical.

• ht317887ht317887 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

@DeepNotShallow said:
    Important Distinction. There were 2 tests with the same format but different Q#s.
    LR25, RC, LR25, LR26, LG
    AND
    LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG

So no matter what, the 2nd LR for everyone with this format was real, right??

561 karma

@ht348 said:

@DeepNotShallow said:
    LR25, RC, LR25, LR26, LG
    AND
    LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG

If you had two 26 LRs, then the 2nd LR (3rd section) will be experimental.

39 karma

@FerdaFresh said:

@ht348 said:

@DeepNotShallow said:
    LR25, RC, LR25, LR26, LG
    AND
    LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG

https://7sage.com/forums/discussion/comment/95110?#
    If you had two 26 LRs, then the 2nd LR (3rd section) will be experimental.

gotcha thanks!

561 karma

@jaswaffo said:

That was experimental. My experimental was "which is LEAST like the reasoning above?" So that was an interesting take on a parallel reasoning question... I wish that experimental LR counted though. It was so obviously easy compared to the other two. This test's LR was pretty tough.

edited December 2017 13286 karma

@FerdaFresh said:

@jaswaffo said:

That was experimental. My experimental was "which is LEAST like the reasoning above?" So that was an interesting take on a parallel reasoning question... I wish that experimental LR counted though. It was so obviously easy compared to the other two. This test's LR was pretty tough.

I think they are talking about another question. It wasn’t parallel. The stem was like “which of the following is least likely to be rejected based on the reasoning above?” Or something like that. It was like a MSS question in disguise or something. I remember reading that stem and thinking “wtf?” But I can not remember the topic at all.

• lawchoolpilawchoolpi Free Trial Member
    20 karma

This was not the Greek play one, was it?

@LSATcantwin said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@jaswaffo said:

I think they are talking about another question. It wasn’t parallel. The stem was like “which of the following is least likely to be rejected based on the reasoning above?” Or something like that. It was like a MSS question in disguise or something. I remember reading that stem and thinking “wtf?” But I can not remember the topic at all.

13286 karma

0> @lawchoolpi said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@jaswaffo said:

Haha I have no clue, I don't even remember a Greek play question :wink: my poor memory of this test just doesn't work rn.

561 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    0> @lawchoolpi said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@jaswaffo said:

Haha I have no clue, I don't even remember a Greek play question :wink: my poor memory of this test just doesn't work rn.

Ohhhhhhhhh, yeah! The Greek one was kind of like a "MSS/CBF" type thing haha. That one was real!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

Yup. This is my biggest fear is getting minus 4 on this game alone because I mixed it up. I worked it through and got answers for each Q, but never really felt on top of the game setup and rules. ?

• lawchoolpilawchoolpi Free Trial Member
    20 karma

It was a MBF question, I think? Actually you know what, I have no idea lol. I gotta stop worrying about how I did...God help me please.

@FerdaFresh said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    0> @lawchoolpi said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@jaswaffo said:

Ohhhhhhhhh, yeah! The Greek one was kind of like a "MSS/CBF" type thing haha. That one was real!

13286 karma

@lawchoolpi said:
    It was a MBF question, I think? Actually you know what, I have no idea lol. I gotta stop worrying about how I did...God help me please.

@FerdaFresh said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    0> @lawchoolpi said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@jaswaffo said:

Right?! Why do we care so much, we can't change our answers. Our scores are already set in stone. There is no point in worrying, and yet here we are!

561 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@lawchoolpi said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    0> @lawchoolpi said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@FerdaFresh said:

@jaswaffo said:

Right?! Why do we care so much, we can't change our answers. Our scores are already set in stone. There is no point in worrying, and yet here we are!

Set in stone? Or etched in a Greek Tablet

• Dallan89Dallan89 Member
    52 karma

The LR section with the mayor race question as #1 and I believe something about canoes later on near the end was real right?

• 4232842328 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

Did anybody else have as much trouble with the apartment game as I did? I felt like the other three were fine (which now I’m anxious was because I somehome completely missed something) but the apartment game threw me off so badly! I had no idea how to solve it

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

tablet question sucked up like 3 mins for me and I still ended up guessing LMAO

t rex was a pain in the ass too

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@42328 said:
    Did anybody else have as much trouble with the apartment game as I did? I felt like the other three were fine (which now I’m anxious was because I somehome completely missed something) but the apartment game threw me off so badly! I had no idea how to solve it

I've heard from many people that the 8 piece apartment game was tricky. So youre definitely not alone.

That makes me nervous tho because I found it pretty straightforward, so I scared that I overlooked a detail or made an incorrect inference along the way!!

Oh well, no point obsessing, we'll find out in 3 weeks....

• harshkp16harshkp16 Alum Member
    17 karma

The countdown is nerve wrecking.

• 4232842328 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

I’m sure you did fine. Every game is clearly solvable, you probably just caught onto a reference I was just not seeing.

I agree there’s definitely no point obsessing..... still having trouble turning it off though, ugh. This is the worst.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

How has it only been five days since we sat? Feels like five weeks

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

.> @kimmy_m66 said:

How has it only been five days since we sat? Feels like five weeks

Welcome to 2017! Where the days feel like weeks and no one's a winner.

Whose Line Reference

• taylor.lingltaylor.lingl Alum Member
    22 karma

Does anyone remember how many substitution / equivalence questions were on the real LG section? I had two LG sections, so my memory is a bit spacey between the two! Thanks :)

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

@"taylor.lingl" said:
    Does anyone remember how many substitution / equivalence questions were on the real LG section? I had two LG sections, so my memory is a bit spacey between the two! Thanks :)

2 on the real

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3197 karma

@DeepNotShallow said:
    LR25, RC, LR25, LR26, LG
    AND
    LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG

Wait oh my god is this true because I swear to God that I had a LR 25 LR 25 LR 26 and I'm a US taker because of this is true then I did really well on this test if this is not true I was contemplating canceling but I'm certain that like one of the questions listed in the real LR 25 was in my first 25 and that the MLR 26 had all the other 26 questions that been confirmed

I thought I only had 25 but then I saw all the reports about 26 so I assumed I just must've been mistaken I don't normally count how many answers are in a section so it wouldn't surprise me that you know I was wrong but I swear there was 25

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@DeepNotShallow said:
    LR25, RC, LR25, LR26, LG
    AND
    LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG

I had 2 LR25 and I couldve sworn I saw the mayoral question in the first LR section. Are you sure this is definitive?

• 179 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

@DeepNotShallow said:
    LR25, RC, LR25, LR26, LG
    AND
    LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG

I had 2 LR25 and I couldve sworn I saw the mayoral question in the first LR section. Are you sure this is definitive?

I was wondering the same thing.

I had two LR26s (LR25, RC, LR26, LR26, LG) and I am pretty sure I had the Tilapia question in the 3rd section—the second LR section.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3197 karma

I feel like I had "real questions" in all section BUT my first section was "very heavy" on point at disagreement questions.

My 2LR which was S3 and 25 did have a "leaSt like" which I thought was weird. But I've seen that as a "real"

At this point I'm not cancelling as there's way too good of a chance i really hit it out of the park if on the 25-25-26 LR test the 3rd was real and it's worth rolling the dice to see if it's true.

Maybe the LSAC did something unusual this test. I've never seen reported questions vary so dramatically. Even reports of "real games" appearing over 2 sections. I'm sure it's just false memory but man this test seems to have a lot of reports of oddities

@westcoastbestcoast I too felt the Mayorial was in the first. But feel the 5/18 was in the third and the BW also being in the third and there's another "real" in positive I saw in the first. Obviously I must be wrong but... man!

13286 karma

@stepharizona @westcoastbestcoast I mean what is stopping them from mixing the order the two 25's were in. For instance -

• 25(1) - RC - 25(2) - 26 - LG

• 25(2) - RC - 25(1) - 26 - LG

This might explain for some of the confusion. I gave up in Sept on trying to figure out which section was real, and I didn't even try this time for the same reason. In the end there were 2 real LR, 1 real LG and 1 real RC. Nothing is stopping the LSAC from playing with order of the test though.

• zanesbitzanesbit Alum Member
    102 karma

That Greek play question was a total burnout for me. I'm sure when I see the answer I'll be able to rationalize it...but I literally sat there thinking...what dumbass made this one up?! ;(

• RgerLSAT124RgerLSAT124 Alum Member
    4 karma

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:
    had three LRs, i remember one was hard... it had 26 questions and a question about an ancient greek charachter reading a tablet that asked to reject one of the statements? Was that experimental?

Some PLEASE tell us this was experimental?

I had the same thing. Please let me know if you find out if the tablet one is the experimental

I think it was the experimental. My experimental section was RC and I'm sure I did not have this question in either of my LR sections

• DAVIDJ5566DAVIDJ5566 Alum Member
    34 karma

@rgerais said:

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:
    had three LRs, i remember one was hard... it had 26 questions and a question about an ancient greek charachter reading a tablet that asked to reject one of the statements? Was that experimental?

I had the same thing. Please let me know if you find out if the tablet one is the experimental

I think it was the experimental. My experimental section was RC and I'm sure I did not have this question in either of my LR sections

I had only 2 LR sections...and I did see the greek tablet question in one of my LR's.

39 karma

@rgerais said:

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:

It was like whether people in Greek plays typically read off their tablet, I think, don't know if that ring any bells for you.

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

@DAVIDJ5566 said:

@rgerais said:

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:

I had only 2 LR sections...and I did see the greek tablet question in one of my LR's.

Ditto.

• laurenkentlawlaurenkentlaw Member
    29 karma

Louisiana Accommodated Test Taker here! SOOOOOO glad to be done with that exam, I had to trek through snow to take the exam, and being in the coastal south that was (to put it quite plainly) WACKY!! That being said, I felt solid on this exam... much much different than the September exam when I was given a large print booklet and wasn't supposed to have that. Timing went well all things considered when you think about going into an exam like that at noon and maintaining consistent stamina until 7pm that night. Sections: 3 LR 1 RC 1 AR. The games were not complex but I felt fuzzy on putting my rules into play because that section was DEAD LAST. I was getting fatigued. My writing portion was like "I care not about this hogwash." I feel a little slighted because all of the extremely hard LR Q's I'd drilled on didn't show themselves, even out of 3 rounds. I guess I never approached the Q's like LSAT Trainer identified them by % of chance they'd show, but just rather drilling on past exams for the past 4 months. It was a good exam. I'm glad that me and the LSAT are officially seeing other people. ;)

edited December 2017 8392 karma

@rgerais said:

@Unlucky111 said:

@"jasmine.judge" said:

@tiffwallacexo said:

Definitely not experimental. There’s a topic that got un-stickied that has our determination of experimental vs real questions, you could search for that. But unfortunately, the Greek tablet was 100% real.

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

@42328 said:

Is this game at all like anything else anyone has seen? Was this one of those rare 15 minute games or were there some game changing inferences? I only had about 5 minutes to dedicate to this.

• Muskey OneMuskey One Alum Member
    34 karma

@jsfollower said:
    can anyone confirm if LR section with a question about 7pm and 6pm was real?

Agreed, anyone know if this is real or experimental?