Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you guys flash carding?

lizpillizpil Member
in General 282 karma

Hi everyone!

I realized my flashcards are all over the map. I wanted to ask fellow 7sagers: what are you flashcarding?

Thank you!

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3521 karma

Flashcarding :open_mouth: ....?

https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/a2a/a4/blondlady-1.jpg

I personally never flashcarded for the LSAT, but if I did I would probably use them to drill question stems or some conditional logic drills.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2017 1866 karma

I occasionally go through my flashcards for conditional logic, but otherwise don't really flashcard anything.

I do, however, go back to questions I've flagged from the CC/old PTs and attempt them again -- especially those tricky 4/5-star questions I still can't wrap my head around.
    I know some people do something similar by cutting out questions they struggled with and keeping them in a pile that they go through when they have some down time.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Question stems and indicator words are the main things I flash-carded. I also kept a bunch of note cards handy to detail some of the trickier stuff I found on the LSAT.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I cut out hard questions in LR with the questions and stem on the front and the AC on the back, with small explanations of why each was right/wrong. I had to use like size 8 font sometimes, but I have a collection of hard LR questions that I can use on the go. To constantly drive home points and issues the harder questions give me.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I cut out hard questions in LR with the questions and stem on the front and the AC on the back, with small explanations of why each was right/wrong. I had to use like size 8 font sometimes, but I have a collection of hard LR questions that I can use on the go. To constantly drive home points and issues the harder questions give me.

Towards the end of my preparation, I would simply take pictures of LR questions I answered incorrectly and browse them whenever the mood struck.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

In the beginning, I flashcarded the valid and invalid argument forms as well as the logical indicators for each group.

• usernameusername Alum Member
    276 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Oh. I like this. I'm stealing it.

and yeah. Conditional logic, logical indicators, Or/Not Both Rules, Bi-conditional indicators.

I use quizlet for some.

https://quizlet.com/join/PmJJVPXFj

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

If you are just starting out, I would flash card question stems, valid/invalid argument forms, conditional logic indicators, quantifiers, flaw types...

I found this on a discussion post a while back: https://quizlet.com/LetsHigh5/folders/lsat-info-strategy-stack/sets

Hope that helps!

• edited December 2017 1025 karma

I did flashcards for general flaws and that helped a ton with several different question types. For example, being versed on an analogy flaw would help you not only recognize that an analogy is present in a str question, but it would also tell you that you must str the analogy.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    In the beginning, I flashcarded the valid and invalid argument forms as well as the logical indicators for each group.

Same. This worked very well for learning and instilling these very important concepts!