Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it grey day yet?

olioliberolioliber Alum Member
in General 729 karma

I just made the mistake of looking at past grey day threads. Now I feel the anxiety. How do you guys deal with waiting? Any grey day drinking games? Take a shot every time you read "grey."

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Write a good personal statement if you haven't done this. Don't check email constantly. Maybe listen to some podcasts. :)

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I agree with @lsatplaylist - use this downtime to focus on perfecting your apps!

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

I do keep myself as busy as possible. Concentrate on work, essays, picking back up on the studying( just in case) . Still, the nerves proliferate, and seem to invade every area of my life. But, hey...

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I'm working on all of my Why X essays and my DS. It's kept my mind off of gray day for the most part. oh, and video games, lots and lots and lots of video games.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@TheMikey said:
    I'm working on all of my Why X essays and my DS. It's kept my mind off of gray day for the most part. oh, and video games, lots and lots and lots of video games.

Video games are the cure for life.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I'm mostly done with my applications, so I've been rediscovering hobbies; reading, painting and snowboarding :) Set a twitter alert for "grey day" and then don't check in on the LSAC page until January 2nd at the earliest. If by the grace of God we finally get an early release, all the other obsessive checkers will let you know!!!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I'm kind of hoping they release scores before the holidays due to the GRE pressures.....but it's the LSAC, so I know it's not likely.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@olioliber said:
    I just made the mistake of looking at past grey day threads. Now I feel the anxiety. How do you guys deal with waiting? Any grey day drinking games? Take a shot every time you read "grey."

Idk if that's a game but it sounds like a fun time, haha.

Whenever I have to wait for anything that could potentially make me anxious I just remind myself that it's out of my hands at this point. If you're religious at all, you could try prayer. Positive affirmations are also great! I'm big on the law of attraction so be positive and try your best not to worry about what you can't change.

I also like to think of the worse case scenario and realize that even if the results aren't what I want, that you can always try again.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited December 2017 10774 karma

I wish it was grey day! lol

No matter how well we take waiting for the test score, it's still pretty miserable.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

When is final possible release day?

10774 karma

@goingfor99th said:

On the top of my head without checking LSAT, I think its January 3rd. So.... a loooong time. :(

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Yikes. That puts a damper on the holidays for sure. lol

10774 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    Yikes. That puts a damper on the holidays for sure. lol

Yup lol. I wish I knew If I should celebrate Christmas and New Year or should be crying instead. Lol :joy:

edited December 2017 9372 karma

@Sami said:

@goingfor99th said:

On the top of my head without checking LSAT, I think its January 3rd. So.... a loooong time. :(

Jan 3 is the official date, but PowerScore predicts the Grey Day will be January 2. And I'm still hoping it's Dec 22. lol

10774 karma

@akistotle said:
    Jan 3 is the official date, but PowerScore predicts the Grey Day will be January 2. And I'm still hoping it's Dec 22. lol

lmao. I wish its Dec 20 ;).

Any reason that it can be Dec 22? lol Here I go feeling hopeful.

9372 karma

@Sami said:

@akistotle said:

If LSAC really wants to compete with ETS (GRE), they should try to release scores within 20 days (before the holidays)! lol

The ETS people score TOEFL iBT, the English test with speaking and writing sections, within 10 days!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2017 13286 karma

@akistotle said:

@Sami said:

@akistotle said:

If LSAC really wants to compete with ETS (GRE), they should try to release scores within 20 days (before the holidays)! lol

The ETS people score TOEFL iBT, the English test with speaking and writing sections, within 10 days!

Ugh after taking the lsat for my third time, I’m just ready for the wait to be over with...idc good or bad I’m just sick of this wait lol

10774 karma

@akistotle said:

Yeah, that would be nice. Sigh.. but this is LSAC we are talking about.

@LSATcantwin said:
    Ugh after taking the lsat for my third time, I’m just ready for the wait to be over with...idc good or bad I’m just sick of this wait lol

Same. Just tell me. I don't even care if its good or bad. I just want to feel peaceful.

9372 karma

@Sami said:

@akistotle said:

Yeah, that would be nice. Sigh.. but this is LSAC we are talking about.

Yeah, but I just want to pressure LSAC. lol

@LSATcantwin said:

Same. Just tell me. I don't even care if its good or bad. I just want to feel peaceful.

I know. This wait is killing me even though I'm ready to take the Feb test.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Everyday is a Sunny (not grey) day in California. It reached 80 degrees last week in this pleasant Winter. In all seriousness, I'm both dreading and excited to receive my score. My friends and family thought I received it already..

edited December 2017 9372 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Everyday is a Sunny (not grey) day in California. It reached 80 degrees last week in this pleasant Winter. In all seriousness, I'm both dreading and excited to receive my score. My friends and family thought I received it already..

I can see why the West Coast is the best coast, @westcoastbestcoast ;)