Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really need help with Reading Comp.

The King in the NorthThe King in the North Alum Member
edited December 2017 in Reading Comprehension 75 karma

Hi everyone!

Comments

• ChristmascarolingChristmascaroling Free Trial Member
    14 karma

I just got a 167 too after PT'ing low 170's. I got -6 RC even though this is the first time I actually finished an RC and I thought the passages were pretty easy?! I"m so confused why I got a -6 so if anyone can shed insight that would be great.

• The King in the NorthThe King in the North Alum Member
    75 karma

@Christmascaroling said:
    I just got a 167 too after PT'ing low 170's. I got -6 RC even though this is the first time I actually finished an RC and I thought the passages were pretty easy?! I"m so confused why I got a -6 so if anyone can shed insight that would be great.

What was the breakdown in your other sections if you don't mind me asking? For me, I got -0 LG, -3 LR 1, and -4 LR 2.

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

Videotape yourself. Make sure you aren't wasting time while reading. After watching a video and reviewing with a tutor, I realized I wasn't taking way too long trying to digest the material…I sometimes spent almost 4.5 min reading! Challenge yourself to complete each and every RC passage in 7 minutes: 3 min to read, 4 to answer questions.