Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice

swhitt10swhitt10 Free Trial Member
in General 60 karma

I need to improve 5-8 points for February.... trust me I have plenty of room to improve.... if you are interested in giving some advice to me, message me and I'll give you my December stats.... for the sake of humiliating myself.... keep in mind i took it relatively cold, i know mistake..... i'm just struggling to even begin to know where to start....

SW

Comments

• marcosmcqueenmarcosmcqueen Member
    241 karma

It would be very helpful if we knew what you'd done so far? How have you prepared? No way to tell you how to get to your destination if we don't know where you're starting.

• swhitt10swhitt10 Free Trial Member
    60 karma

All I did was look over the content of the test. Going in I knew what was going to be on it, the types of questions, how it was scored. I bought a couple blueprint books but nothing ever really clicked with me using those. I basically never learned "how" to take the test. I have taken many standardized tests for college and have never done poorly. I guess I was overconfident.... then I GOT OWNED! ....

• swhitt10swhitt10 Free Trial Member
    60 karma

Put it like this, for the program I'm shooting for all I need is in the upper 140's.... I was under that.... I was in the 140s, but not upper.... #dominated

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

If you're wanting some basic help, I recommend signing up for the starter course. It's ~$180 (I believe) and will go over all the basics of the test. It sounds like all you need is a solid foundation to get you in the upper 140s.

If you want a physical book, I found the Powerscore Bibles to be really useful for understanding the foundations of the questions. I think if you studied solidly for 2+ months, you'll find you might be able to push yourself past 150 :)

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    1028 karma

If you're looking for the quickest return on your time investment, I'd also recommend Mike Kim's LSAT trainer. It's got everything you need for a solid performance in a few hundred pages and also comes with a free study schedule. It compliments 7Sage really well, and you'd definitely be able to get through it before a Feb. or June retake.

I used that, the PowerScore Bibles, and 7Sage's full course to prep for my first take this December. I'll be retaking as well—putting more focus on 7Sage this time—but I don't think you'd need anything beyond these three resources. I personally think I could've even done without the Powerscore series, but 7Sage and the Trainer are definitely essential.

Keep at it! This test is very learnable, and you could definitely get into the 150s or 160s with a month or two of serious prep! I saw an 11 point increase from my diagnostic score on test day, and I still considered my first take a gross underperformance. You never run out of room for improvement on the LSAT!

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

If nothing else, work on logic games. Easiest section to see rapid improvement in