Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20 point increase. Thank you 7sage

kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member

My diagnostic was 153. After ~6 months of on and off study, I scored a 173 in Dec! In fact, this was 2 points higher than my best PT! And I had only scored 171 once before the test. My average was 167ish. I'm so grateful for the 7sage community throughout this journey.

I had read posts about "positive thinking" and meditation, so I figured I'd give it a try. 173 was the score I chose to picture; before each PT I pictured me opening my email and seeing 173. And despite no evidence that it would, it worked!

My test day was honestly the worst I could have imagined. I got to the test center ~20 minutes early, but it was game day at my university so there was no parking. I ended up street parking about a football field away after calling my boyfriend and exploding on him; sobbing, convincing myself I wasn't gonna take, the whole nine yards. And then once I made it halfway to the center, I realized I forgot my admissions ticket in the car. So I RAN back to my car and then RAN to the test center. It was 8:24 when I got back to my car. I truly thought this was a sign that I wasn't meant to take it. I was the last person to check in; I ran to the bathroom before getting to the room. It was hell honestly.

I luckily managed to just separate myself from that, but during the entire directions I was breathing heavy lmao.

It ended up working out for me, but honestly I was hoping for 165 after the test. All this to say, just because a day goes bad does not mean you should cancel. I think I'm done testing with my 173. Thank you 7sage. For keeping me calm and for just being a great community.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2017 13286 karma

This is so great to hear! I had success with the test as well. Scoring just below you. I attribute it to a better mindset!! Congrats!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Congratulations! That's a huge increase and quite the test day story.

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

Congrats! That's incredible! You must perform well under pressure--scoring so high above your practice tests.

It was also game day at my school during the December test--totally messed with my vibe (but ended up scoring well).

Nice job!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Wow, congrats! You're at or above every median in the country. I'd say good luck with apps, but I don't think you'll need much!

• Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    813 karma

Congratulations :)

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats! You're making a real case for mind over matter

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Thank you, all. Honestly, every time I re-read my post I want to cry. I know that many people did not receive the score they wanted, and my heart goes out to you. If anyone would like any advice, I'd be more than happy. I truly think the positive thinking made a difference. Visualizing my goal actualized it.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Incredible work! Congrats!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Congratulations!

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

Wow, I love this post. it made me smile. CONGRATULATIONS and yay positive thinking and yay 7sage!

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma

Congrats. I think it's really cool that despite lower PT results than you wanted, you still found a way to earn your target score.

173 is also the score I'm applying with, although it took me longer than 6 months to get there :sweat_smile:

• AnthonyScaliaAnthonyScalia Alum Member
    330 karma

Congratulations, that's an amazing score! Best of luck with applications, potential future classmate! :)

• michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member
    253 karma

Congratulations!!!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

As someone that has read some of your past posts, I'm not surprised with your score. You're going to go far in life :smile:

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Big things! Doesn't it feel so good to have it behind you forever and with no reservations? Enjoy the holidays and your accomplishment--A.c.S

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

This is wonderful news. Great work!

1617 karma

Again, thanks everyone! This community really does raise people up; I couldn't have asked for better people to take this journey with!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I had a 21 point increase myself. Congrats to such a high score. And a thank you to 7sage!

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

Congratulations! Besides mindset would you mind elaborating a bit on what other factors in your preparation might've helped you get to that score? In other words, what do you think you got right whilst PTing and/or going over the CC? Additionally, do you have any tips/recommendations on the number of PTs one should take?

1617 karma

@thisissparta hi! I also got this question in a message, so I'll make a separate post with what I did cause it's kinda a lot lmao

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Congrats! Thanks for posting! You'll have to keep in touch and let us know what dream school you got into :-D Any advice/tips on day of testing?

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Great job on the increase!! :heart:

• Vern8892Vern8892 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

This is great! Way to go!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@westcoastbestcoast, Is your test/study story somewhere? Interested to hear it. Great work!

1617 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @westcoastbestcoast, Is your test/study story somewhere? Interested to hear it. Great work!

Here it is! https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/14336/here-was-my-study-schedule-for-my-20-point-increase

• venalebvenaleb Free Trial Member
    11 karma

hi... needed some advice how to go about studying and improving.... ... let me know how to best reach you