Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!

Question, I received a 143 on my lsat and the school I'm looking at 25th percentile is a 145. However, my gpa is well over their 75th percentile. I have already submitted my applications, do I ask the school to hold the application until I take February's test? Also if i retake the February test and get a higher score, do they consider that for scholarships?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Bumping so more people see.

• lapuccio83lapuccio83 Alum Member
    102 karma

Hi Lauren! I’ve read that some law schools will hold your application if you are signed up for the Feb exam, but I don’t know the specific schools, so you’d have to ask.

As far as scholarships, I believe you’ll always have a better shot at $$$ if you’re a competitive applicant, meaning being over both 75ths. Again, I think it all depends on the school.

Good luck in Feb!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"lauren.kirichkow" said:
    Question, I received a 143 on my lsat and the school I'm looking at 25th percentile is a 145. However, my gpa is well over their 75th percentile. I have already submitted my applications, do I ask the school to hold the application until I take February's test? Also if i retake the February test and get a higher score, do they consider that for scholarships?

They do consider higher scores for scholarships, but may have less money to give out by then. So if you end up with a higher score and don't think you are getting reasonable scholarship offers for your GPA and LSAT combination(which you can try to assess using Law School Numbers which is a forum where people list their stats, whether they were accepted, and any scholarships offerred) then you may want to wait a cycle and apply in September when applications open next year. That would also give you the added option of retaking again with additional study time if you wanted.