Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Changes and Updates

Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
edited April 2015 in General 3074 karma
A fellow 7Sager had a great idea of making a discussion thread to let you all know about site changes and updates, so here we go! JY and I will do our best to post the changes and updates we make to 7Sage here.

Jan. 13
* PrepTest 74 added to grader (no tags yet, but they're coming...)
* Fix for fullscreen videos in Android App
* Fix for notes in Law School lessons where there is also an exam prompt

Jan. 17
* Fix for iOS app - The "Next" button in the "Course" view should work consistently now. Sorry it took this long!

Jan. 20
We just added a new rule to the Discussion Forums:
"Advertisements or solicitations for services or products are not allowed."

Jan. 22
* Fix for iOS app - PDFs download properly again when viewing course through the app. Thanks to @Vendetta for bringing this to our attention!

Jan. 24
* Personal Statement 2 all drafts and commentary now available:
http://7sage.com/lesson/personal-statement-2-draft-1-read-and-evaluate/

Jan. 30
* Major discussion forum upgrade with behind the scenes improvements, and interface changes. If you notice anything strange, let us know!
* Fix: Video playback now properly defaults to your last chosen speed. It was showing your last chosen speed, but not actually playing the video at that speed.

Jan. 31
* Android app now has a series of introductory screens explaining what's in the app.
* Android app fix: After regisering, going to "Course" works more consistently.

Feb. 3
* iOS app - iPhone 6 and 6+ support
* iOS app - has PT 72, 73, and 74 logic games included
* iOS app - Logic Games screen now includes tags and section difficulty.
* iOS app - Bug fix: Grader PrepTest filtering works properly

Feb. 5
* Forums - You can now mention users with spaces in their name by using quotes, like @"Alan Cheuk"
* Forums - When you start typing @ mentions, a list of suggestions appears to the right to make it easier. You may need to clear your browser cache to see this feature.
* Forums fix - You can save profile changes even if there is a space in your name.

Feb. 9
* iOS app - Entering blind review in Grader is easier now because you can now also drag/tap the complete white space to the right of the answer choices to get to blind review (particularly helpful for iPhone 6/6+ and iPad).

Feb. 10
* Personal Statement 3 all drafts and commentary now available:
http://7sage.com/lesson/personal-statement-3-draft-1-read-and-evaluate/
* You can now use hastags. #sweet

Feb. 12
* Updated version of lesson for PT 67 Passage 2 (Nisa Shostak !Kung Woman)
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-67-section-1-passage-2-passage/
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-67-section-1-passage-2-questions/
* New all-sub-game-boards lesson for PT 36 Game 3 (Bus Window Aisle Seats)
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-36-section-4-game-3/
* Updated set of grammar lessons on comparative statements
http://7sage.com/lesson/comparative-statements-general/

Feb. 19
* iOS App - The proctor pauses when it is interrupted by a phone call, alarm, Siri, etc, and you can press "Continue" to continue where you left off after you finish handling the interruption.

Feb. 20
* FireFox - PDF fix. Starting about a week ago, the first page of some pdfs were not loading, especially for one page pdfs. Fixed now.

Feb. 27
* Classes of lessons in Syllabus page now collapse/expand with buttons / in top right of each class, to reduce accidental collapse/expand of the class.

March 3
* Site backend and security upgrades.

March 13
* Redesign of website and forum. Please let me know if you spot any visual oddities :)

March 16
* Display of comments on the dashboard have been redone so that they should be easier to read and expand/collapse.
* Site dashboard now shows recent comments with "?" in them, rather than all recent comments

April 2
* Added a "User-Created Games" sub-category to the forums: http://7sage.com/forums/categories/user-created-games
* Made the discussion sample on the Dashboard more like the full discussion forum
* Long comments are now clipped, and expandable with more/less links
* Discussion forum no longer zooms out on on some discussions on mobile/tablets
* Added marker to show where the new comments in a discussion start when you've already seen some of the comments in a thread (marker doesn't show if there is only one new comment - unfortunate, but couldn't find a way around it)

Comments

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma
    To kick it off, here are a few recent changes:
    * PrepTest 74 added to grader (no tags yet, but they're coming...)
    * Fix for fullscreen videos in Android App
    * Fix for notes in Law School lessons where there is also an exam prompt
  • catatat123catatat123 Member
    24 karma
    Does this mean that PT 74 will be available to people with the current Ultimate + plans? Or will we have to upgrade to have access to that test?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2015 2654 karma
    @catatat123 generally new PT releases arnt added to current accounts. but itll be $6(for the 3 days) so not too big of a deal.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @catatat123 What @jdawg113 said. :) PTs after 71 aren't included in the Ultimate package.
    2654 karma
    tho a firesale on PT 72 would be cool :P :D
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    What time will the full test be available on January 15th?
  • pannabpannab Alum Member
    28 karma
    Hi guys! First off, thanks for everything you do! I was just wondering about the personal statement bundle. My syllabus says it's under construction, do you guys know when it might be ready and whether it will be accessible with existing plans? TIA!
    3074 karma
    The full PT74 is available for purchase now.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Bought :)
  • bpnielsen-1bpnielsen-1 Alum Member
    22 karma
    You guys are super efficient! Mahalo!
    2654 karma
    Would it be possible to look into getting together a directory of sorts for explanations done for the earlier PT questions used in the lessons? So if one were to come across the question again in drilling they wouldn't have to search the lessons to find that particular question
    edited January 2015 3074 karma
    @jdawg113 Thanks for the idea - I added it to our wishlist! May take a while...

In the meantime, there's a way to more directly go to the explanation for a particular question:

1. Go to http://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/ and click on any game in the PT that you are looking for.

2. Near the bottom of the page, just above the comments, you should see a list of all the explanations in that PT that you have access to, including LR and RC questions.

I hope this helps!
    3074 karma
    * Fix for iOS app - The "Next" button in the "Course" view should work consistently now. Sorry it took this long!
  • catatat123catatat123 Member
    24 karma
    Is it possible to buy tests 72 and 73?
    3074 karma
    @catatat123 Yup you can get them right here: https://7sage.com/addons/
  • The MooseThe Moose Alum Member
    72 karma
    Can we get an update on the iOS app for iPhone plus screen support? That would be great
    3074 karma
    @The Moose For sure :) We've actually been working putting in iPhone 6 and 6+ support for the past bit, and it will come out after we finish testing and submit it to Apple for review (this may take a few weeks).
    2654 karma
    I meant more for like LR and that :P
  • aaron.naiditch36aaron.naiditch36 Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Will the LG videos for PTs 72-74 be added to the mobile app at some point?
  • JSL17824JSL17824 Alum Member
    141 karma
    Can we speed it up on iPad/iPhone? That'll be great!
    Thanks!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    @jdawg113, I amended Alan's response above to better address your question.

@aaron.naiditch36, LG videos for PTs 72-74 are already viewable on the mobile app. You have to click "Course" then navigate your way to the videos like you would on the web app. We will be updating the "Logic Games" section of the mobile app so you'll be able to see it there directly too.

@JASON LAI, that's a tough one.
    edited January 2015 13940 karma
    We just added a new rule to the Discussion Forums:
    "Advertisements or solicitations for services or products are not allowed."

Thank you all for creating this wonderful community.

All the rules can be found here:
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15/discussion-forum-rules
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    @j.y. just wanted to say thank you for helping me improve my logic game. I spent thousands on a company and would take 35 minutes to do one simple easy sequencing game. Now I do all 4 in 8 minutes or less (each one) because of everything you taught for free!!!

Do you guys have logic reasoning videos or notes online like you do for logic games?
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    @Roy - They do, but they're part of the paid service. Only the games are available for free.
    3074 karma
    * Fix for iOS app - PDFs download properly again when viewing course through the app. Thanks to @Vendetta for bringing this to our attention!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Edited original post to have all changes at the top & sorted by date changed. More convenient that way. :)
    2654 karma
    would it be possible to work on some more problem set explanations? There seems to be a decent amount of problems without videos that would be really helpful
    13940 karma
    Personal Statement 2 all drafts and commentary now available:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/personal-statement-2-draft-1-read-and-evaluate/
    3074 karma
    * Major discussion forum upgrade with behind the scenes improvements, and interface changes. If you notice anything strange, let us know!
    3074 karma
    * Fix: Video playback now properly defaults to your last chosen speed. It was showing your last chosen speed, but not actually playing the video at that speed.
    edited February 2015 3074 karma
    * Android app now has a series of introductory screens explaining what's in the app.
    * Android app fix: After registering, going to "Course" works more consistently.
    * iOS app - iPhone 6 and 6+ support
    * iOS app - has PT 72, 73, and 74 logic games included
    * iOS app - Logic Games screen now includes tags and section difficulty.
    * iOS app - Bug fix: Grader PrepTest filtering works properly
  • devin.balutdevin.balut Free Trial Member
    77 karma
    About the 'difficulty' rating, how is it calculated? I see some questions 54% of people got right are 4 star questions while some 5 star questions have as much as 57% correct. So far what I've looked at fits certain % thresholds based on correct responses divided by answer responses where the 4/5 difficulty split is about 58% (ignoring skipped questions actually made the difficulty system consistent) but I haven't used that system on a lot of question and as I based it off one PT worth a questions the fact that it models that PT well might not actually mean that's how it's done.

Sorry I know this probably isn't the place for it (feel free to delete this post). Just curious. I'm doing some data gathering because I wanted to test if despite the LSAT having similar -x for varying levels of scaled scores if maybe people's claims that LR/RC was getting harder and LG was getting easier (other than oddball games) was true not just from a 'things are different' standpoint, but also from a percentile correct one. No worries if you can't provide that.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    ^I'm actually interested behind the rated methodology as well!
    3074 karma
    * Forums - You can now mention users with spaces in their name by using quotes, like @"Alan Cheuk"
    * Forums - When you start typing @ mentions, a list of suggestions appears to the right to make it easier. You may need to clear your browser cache to see this feature.
    * Forums fix - You can save profile changes even if there is a space in your name.
    2654 karma
    @"Alan Cheuk" You(and dev team peoples/however the site is run) are the man
    @ddakjiking and @devin.balut The difficulty rankings are somewhat based on % correct, but are also normalized against a variety of factors. For instance, a lot of 7Sagers take June 2007 as a diagnostic test before doing any prep. If we didn't normalize for that, then questions in J07 could be rated as more difficult than they actually are.

@jdawg113 Thanks!
  • devin.balutdevin.balut Free Trial Member
    77 karma
    @"Alan Cheuk"
    Thanks for the quick answer. This is such a well run site it's insane.
    Screw it I love you guys, I'm gonna buy a course for June's test this weekend - broke or not.

As for rankings I only noticed it because the discrepancy was within the same test (PT 42). Is the normalization also done between game sections? Makes a lot of sense for stuff like J07. Probably looked like the hardest test in existence before that.
    3074 karma
    * iOS app - Entering blind review in Grader is easier now because you can now also drag/tap the complete white space to the right of the answer choices to get to blind review (particularly helpful for iPhone 6/6+ and iPad).
    578 karma
    7sage should have a hashtag system where we can look up hashtags like on Instagram lol
    edited February 2015 13940 karma
    * Personal Statement 3 all drafts and commentary now available:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/personal-statement-3-draft-1-read-and-evaluate/
    3074 karma
    @devin.balut Thanks!
    @royaimani There is a really rudimentary hashtag system right now, if you #tag, it produces a link that searches the forum for "#tag". I hope that helps!
    edited February 2015 13940 karma
    * Updated version of lesson for PT 67 Passage 2 (Nisa Shostak !Kung Woman)
    http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-67-section-1-passage-2-passage/
    http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-67-section-1-passage-2-questions/

* New all-sub-game-boards lesson for PT 36 Game 3 (Bus Window Aisle Seats)
    http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-36-section-4-game-3/

* Updated set of grammar lessons on comparative statements
    http://7sage.com/lesson/comparative-statements-general/
  • x3eunyx3euny Alum Member
    edited February 2015 8 karma
    Thank you! I love this website!
    3074 karma
    * iOS App - The proctor pauses when it is interrupted by a phone call, alarm, Siri, etc, and you can press "Continue" to continue where you left off after you finish handling the interruption.
    578 karma
    Can we have a "delete post" option? I think it's annoying you can only edit but not delete the entire post.
    3074 karma
    * FireFox - PDF fix. Starting about a week ago, the first page of some pdfs were not loading, especially for one page pdfs. Fixed now.
    3074 karma
    @royaimani You can edit your post so that it just reads "Deleted".
    3074 karma
    * Classes of lessons in Syllabus page now collapse/expand with buttons / in top right of each class, to reduce accidental collapse/expand of the class.
This discussion has been closed.