Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merit Aid/ FAFSA

For people who received acceptances already, did you also receive merit scholarship offers before FAFSA

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Yup for 2 schools. Havent even submitted my FAFSA yet

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited January 2018 3072 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    For people who received acceptances already, did you also receive merit scholarship offers before FAFSA

No. Not sure why this is. It could be because I'm not competitive enough, or because they don't offer it until you apply/register for whatever financial aid stuff you need to? I'll find out about all this stuff sometime next week.

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    328 karma

@goingfor99th said:

No. Not sure why this is. It could be because I'm not competitive enough, or because they don't offer it until you apply/register for whatever financial aid stuff you need to? I'll find out about all this stuff sometime next week.

I wouldn't stress about it yet. From what I've heard, it really depends on a school, and scholarship level. For example for UVA, Dillards are usually attached to the acceptance letter and same is often true for their dean's scholarship, but all other offers come out later — like sometime in February. So I wouldn't stress. I saw the link you posted to your lsn page, and saw you go into Duke (congrats btw!). But then if you run down the list of other acceptances on lsn, you'll see that nobody really has any scholarship info updated. This means that for Duke, scholarship info will come later in the cycle. And so on...

3072 karma

@pioneer321 said:

@goingfor99th said:

I wouldn't stress about it yet. From what I've heard, it really depends on a school, and scholarship level. For example for UVA, Dillards are usually attached to the acceptance letter and same is often true for their dean's scholarship, but all other offers come out later — like sometime in February. So I wouldn't stress. I saw the link you posted to your lsn page, and saw you go into Duke (congrats btw!). But then if you run down the list of other acceptances on lsn, you'll see that nobody really has any scholarship info updated. This means that for Duke, scholarship info will come later in the cycle. And so on...

Oh, okay. That's great to hear. I'm always looking for a reason to stress.

Thanks, btw! :]

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

When is FAFSA due?

3072 karma

I received the Student Gift Aid questionnaire from Berkeley today. I just finished filling it out.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    I received the Student Gift Aid questionnaire from Berkeley today. I just finished filling it out.

Niceeee! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your Berkeley app and what were your stats? If you wanna answer but don't want to post, also feel free to DM. Totally understandable if you don't wanna.

edited January 2018 3072 karma

@Kayyyyyyy said:

@goingfor99th said:

Niceeee! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your Berkeley app and what were your stats? If you wanna answer but don't want to post, also feel free to DM. Totally understandable if you don't wanna.

No worries. It's all on my LSN profile, anyways. I submitted on 11/28 and heard back 1/2.

My stats were 169 LSAT, 3.84 GPA. (I'll DM the rest. lol)

• lawschool33lawschool33 Member
    100 karma

Yes, I got merit scholarships upon acceptance and haven’t even applied for FAFSA.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Hey, has anyone had an experience with a FAFSA restriction at a school because of having reached their course credit limit? Is this common at schools? This isn't necessarily a law school question; it's more about undergrad and higher ed, just for planning.