June'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 44 | Tuesday, Jan 9th | 7:30 pm EST [Ended]

AlexAlex Alum Member
edited January 2018 in Study Groups 23929 karma

June'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 44 | Tuesday, Jan 9th | 7:30 pm EST

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year~

https://media.giphy.com/media/26xixlx5IxtiBQ57a/giphy.gif

I hope you're ready or gearing up to start PTing for the June 2018 LSAT. Join us this Tuesday if you are finished with the CC.

Provisional Schedule: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=f3n8s2l60gkgm2ju8m8kk4vhn4@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Note:

For everyone: take the PT under timed conditions; BR as you are able on your own; then join us for all or part of the call—everyone is welcome.
Note: For the purposes of the call, we like to check our group blind review score together at the very end of the call :) So at least don't say ... "No guys, really, it's D, I checked it.” KEEP THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOURSELF. Win the argument with your reasoning.
These groups work best when folks from ALL stages of prep and with all different goals join in! Not just for "super-preppers" and definitely not just for the casual LSATer (does such a person exist?).
The only expectation anyone has for these calls is for you to have fun and ask questions as you desire. We are just a bunch of LSAT lovers who gather via GoToMeeting and intellectually slaughter each test.

Mark any questions you wish to go over on the spreadsheet below!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wLCip2bbWWD_h3WqGqBY6YaGPGdGQdSsr3gnphKYdxo/edit#gid=0

June'18 Study Group | Blind Review PT 44
Tue, Jan 9th, 2018 7:30 PM - 11:30 PM EST

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/851725797

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (786) 535-3211

Access Code: 851-725-797

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##851725797
Cisco devices: 851725797@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

June 18' Study Group Discord Link: https://discord.gg/kpGkYx6

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpzv0mWKaMUdPj2/giphy.gif

@BinghamtonDave @Freddy_D @tringo335 @achen013 @airborne1 @SiliconJedi @abernardi @TaylorAnn @Moniagui22 @Sarah_39 @"Lauren L" @kjsmith914 @Brazil020511 @attalla253 @tmickjr__ @jourdan.gardner @Gladiator_2017 @nima250 @"Adam Hawks" @"Lizzette G" @meganqliu @lizgu316 @LSATlife @"Paul Pederson" @CJF_2180 @aguirreliz92 @"Jay Lee" @canadalegalbiz @shannon_ @"Shawn Nguyen" @manan1996narula @btownsquee @"Shazia..." @lsatplaylist @Guillaume @"Marco Antonio" @"Jamie Lynn B" @smartaone2 @justicedst @Jay_Camp @Chandymen @jbodnovich @RJmazo14 @yahejazi @ziegler6 @JayClarke242 @TheSailor @Kermit750 @CoffeeBeans @lakish2010 @JURISDOCTOR35 @samantha.ashley92 @Grace... @greybrownblue @ohnoeshalpme @Ignatius @J.CHRIS.ALST @akriegler @lzkosman @sillllyxo @TheNotoriousRBG @necessarynaomi @"forest.dearing.2017" @alyhobbs @alafuente @vrendonvasquez @akriegler @"alexandra.marlene" @jkatz1488 @moonrider919 @missmalo @"Kings Never Die" @chisal17 @amatthews304 @"Human Becoming" @Hamaseh_S @adultish_gambino @dazedandconfused @danny_d5 @pasu1223 @alyssamcc0593 @LCMama2017 @chisal17 @estouten25 @ChaimtheGreat @sweetsecret @rochelleb180 @ecarr_12 @Christina-5 @"cynthiaelizabethhernandez" @demiiisodaaa @jimmyrivera201 @baileybd2929 @chicaryss @Sadaf529 @saberati @"Mia Fairweather" @"Idil.Beshir" @djdjjdjd @"chang.richard.94" @LauraC829

Comments

• bobjon1293bobjon1293 Alum Member
    269 karma

Looking forward to it!

• ML_LSAT_KillaML_LSAT_Killa Alum Member
    267 karma

Hey! I have like 12 hours left in the CC and was thinking about taking a PT after finishing anyway...basically I need to take PT 44 timed...marking questions for BR as I move through the test, then afterward revisit those questions on my own untimed...but just not checking answers/ either score? In addition, I should add questions to the spreadsheet if I don't feel confident still after BR? Also, I am assuming the call only includes LR/RC...is this true? thanks :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:
    Hey! I have like 12 hours left in the CC and was thinking about taking a PT after finishing anyway...basically I need to take PT 44 timed...marking questions for BR as I move through the test, then afterward revisit those questions on my own untimed...but just not checking answers/ either score? In addition, I should add questions to the spreadsheet if I don't feel confident still after BR? Also, I am assuming the call only includes LR/RC...is this true? thanks :)

Yup! Yeah, with JY's excellent LG videos there's not much to go over as far as LG.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@yahejazi said:
    Looking forward to it!

right back at 'cha!

267 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:

Yup! Yeah, with JY's excellent LG videos there's not much to go over as far as LG.

Alright, I will be there...instead of square :neutral:

267 karma

@"Alex Divine" I see from the calendar you posted of PTs you all are largely skipping odd numbered PTs...are you all (generally...or you specifically lol) using the nearest odd numbered PT as a 5th section OR are you saving it...I am thinking if I join later BRs as well, using some earlier ones I haven't touched yet as a 5th section and would save those odd numbered ones, but would be interested in others thoughts on the matter. :)

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

I'm interested.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:
    @"Alex Divine" I see from the calendar you posted of PTs you all are largely skipping odd numbered PTs...are you all (generally...or you specifically lol) using the nearest odd numbered PT as a 5th section OR are you saving it...I am thinking if I join later BRs as well, using some earlier ones I haven't touched yet as a 5th section and would save those odd numbered ones, but would be interested in others thoughts on the matter. :)

Yeah, I break down earlier PTs from 1-20 to use as experimental sections. I've seen some of the questions from the CC/drills, but it's not a huge deal, in my opinion.

I'm not quite sure it matters too much so long as you make sure to treat the experimental sections with their due respect. Something cool @"Cant Get Right" taught me was to break down an entire PT and then grade it as a separate PT once you've used all 4 sections. This way you stay invested and get another full PT/data point.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jimmyrivera201 said:
    I'm interested.

Cool! Would you like me to add you to the group?

Do you have any questions?

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

Excellent, add me to the group.

267 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:

Yeah, I break down earlier PTs from 1-20 to use as experimental sections. I've seen some of the questions from the CC/drills, but it's not a huge deal, in my opinion.

I'm not quite sure it matters too much so long as you make sure to treat the experimental sections with their due respect. Something cool @"Cant Get Right" taught me was to break down an entire PT and then grade it as a separate PT once you've used all 4 sections. This way you stay invested and get another full PT/data point.

thanks for your insight...more data points make me happy :smile:

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

I'd love to join in :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@chicaryss said:
    I'd love to join in :)

You got it :)

• Sadaf529Sadaf529 Member
    25 karma

@"Alex Divine" I'm almost done with the core curriculum and would like to start joining these BR study groups! When do you think the next one will be so it's on my radar? Thanks and looking forward to joining you all soon!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Sadaf529 said:
    @"Alex Divine" I'm almost done with the core curriculum and would like to start joining these BR study groups! When do you think the next one will be so it's on my radar? Thanks and looking forward to joining you all soon!

Hey Sadaf!

The date will always be in the title (Tuesday, Jan 9th | 7:30 pm EST); along with the test we are taking that week. (Practice Test 44 -- December 2003) Additionally, there is a provisional schedule here: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=f3n8s2l60gkgm2ju8m8kk4vhn4@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

I'll add your name to the list. Welcome :)

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

Hey Alex, I'd like to join.
    Thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@saberati said:
    Hey Alex, I'd like to join.
    Thanks!

https://media.giphy.com/media/1iUZeQcC0CmI3yBq/giphy.gif

• Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
    221 karma

I would like to join!! Would you please add me to the roster :smiley: thanks!

• Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
    221 karma

is the conference available from the past two preptests that were reviewed in december?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Mia Fairweather" said:
    is the conference available from the past two preptests that were reviewed in december?

No, we don't record them. :(

If you have any specific questions from those tests you can PM and we can find a time to review them though.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Hey! Please add me to the group :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:
    Hey! Please add me to the group :)

You're in!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hi - I still haven't been able to join in because I'm not done with the CC. I'm so annoyed at myself and well, also at life : /. Do you think I should try to join one of your study groups to see what its all about?

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@LCMama2017 Take your time to finish the CC and not be so hard on yourself! The LSAT journey is hard enough without putting undue stress on yourself, especially negative self-talk:) So many of us before you had to delay an application cycle to redo the CC because we were rushing to get into PT phase without laying a great fundamental foundation. Study Groups will be available when you are ready!!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited January 2018 5120 karma

Hope y'all have a great call - just realized PT 44 is one of my precious few fresh PTs and need to save it for the spring...

I am going to continue my mini RC boot camp on early PTs - if anyone wants to BR, send me a PM:)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hi - I still haven't been able to join in because I'm not done with the CC. I'm so annoyed at myself and well, also at life : /. Do you think I should try to join one of your study groups to see what its all about?

Aww don't be hard on yourself... It's always better to take your time with the CC. It will pay dividends when it comes time to start PT'ing. Until then, no use in rushing.

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

Re: the core curriculum, which package is everyone using (e.g. starter, premium,ultimate, ultimate+)?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nabintoud97 said:
    Re: the core curriculum, which package is everyone using (e.g. starter, premium,ultimate, ultimate+)?

Hey Nabintoud,

You can see which package people are using by looking directly right of their username. For example, I am using the Ultimate + package.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@twssmith said:
    Hope y'all have a great call - just realized PT 44 is one of my precious few fresh PTs and need to save it for the spring...

I am going to continue my mini RC boot camp on early PTs - if anyone wants to BR, send me a PM:)

We will miss having you this week, Tyler! Enjoy your RC bootcamp :)

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

Hey @"Alex Divine", Happy New Year to you too! I'm not sure if you've seen my inbox message, but I'm still plugging away with the CC. Hope to have it completed by the end of this month. So I'll be joining then. Thanks.

• djdjjdjddjdjjdjd Free Trial Member
    17 karma

count me in as well!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@djdjjdjd said:
    count me in as well!

Welcome! See you tomorrow night.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@smartaone2 said:
    Hey @"Alex Divine", Happy New Year to you too! I'm not sure if you've seen my inbox message, but I'm still plugging away with the CC. Hope to have it completed by the end of this month. So I'll be joining then. Thanks.

No worries. Take your time; the CC is the most important part of prep. See you when you're ready to join :star:

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2018 10774 karma

I think I will be joining this one for some additional practice. :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Sami said:

Yay!!! Tyler can't make it this week, so it will be nice having another expert :blush:

https://media.giphy.com/media/pUs87dXYIIrTy/giphy.gif

10774 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Sami said:

Yay!!! Tyler can't make it this week, so it will be nice having another expert :blush:

lol I am no expert but I miss working together and just hearing other people. <3

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Sami said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Sami said:

lol I am no expert but I miss working together and just hearing other people. <3

Ahhh! Me too <3 It's been too long! :)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Sami said:

I might join this one as well! I'm recovering from the flu now and I want to listen to Sami and others! (Get flu shots, everyone!!)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@akistotle said:

@Sami said:

I might join this one as well! I'm recovering from the flu now and I want to listen to Sami and others! (Get flu shots, everyone!!)

Feel better! I hope to see you tomorrow night :)

edited January 2018 10774 karma

@akistotle said:

@Sami said:

Awww. Akiko <3. I hope you feel better. I got sick before the December take and just in case it was something else or a different strain, I plan on getting the flu shot just in case. :joy:

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

@"Alex Divine" Can I be added to the June group? :smiley:

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Sami said:

@akistotle said:

@Sami said:

Awww. Akiko <3. I hope you feel better. I got one before the December take and just in case it was something else or a different strain, I plan on getting the flu shot just in case. :joy:

Thank you, Sami <3 I now feel a lot better and have a positive outlook on life in general (I'm just grateful to be breathing through my nose!) :joy:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LauraC829 said:
    @"Alex Divine" Can I be added to the June group? :smiley:

Of course!

10774 karma

@akistotle said:

@Sami said:

@akistotle said:

@Sami said:

Awww. Akiko <3. I hope you feel better. I got one before the December take and just in case it was something else or a different strain, I plan on getting the flu shot just in case. :joy:

Thank you, Sami <3 I now feel a lot better and have a positive outlook on life in general (I'm just grateful to be breathing through my nose!) :joy:

LMAO. I know what you mean! I remember at one point I was just grateful to start to be able to drink water and soup again without it hurting. My throat had completely closed. lol

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Won't be attending the call tonight .. I just did PT 36 since I finished the CC so I am BR-ing that right now. Hoping to join sometime soon :)