Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Methods on how to improve speed and accuracy on LSAT?

aishatungaishatung Alum Member
in General 104 karma

Hey everyone!
I'm writing the feb LSAT and I was wondering if anyone has any specific methods that really helped them improve with speed and accuracy for the LSAT? I can usually finish all the questions and only get 1-3 Q's incorrect by the time 35 minutes is up when I'm PT-ing but on test day I have trouble finishing the sections on time due to nerves. I usually will not have time to go back to the couple questions that I had skipped and that substantially lowers my score over the 4 sections. My understanding of the LSAT is pretty good, I just need ways to improve my speed and accuracy. During test day I tend to second guess myself. Are there any methods that worked for you? Drills etc?

Thank you so much :)

Comments

• ML_LSAT_KillaML_LSAT_Killa Alum Member
    267 karma

@"Cant Get Right" mentions confidence drills in one of his videos...have you tried that yet? I think that could help you with the second guessing...I am not at your level yet, but the confidence drills has helped me with second guessing allot so far. Also do you skip quickly and decisively or are you losing time on tougher questions? Is it the same for all sections the issue?

• ML_LSAT_KillaML_LSAT_Killa Alum Member
    267 karma

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:
    @"Cant Get Right" mentions confidence drills in one of his videos...have you tried that yet? I think that could help you with the second guessing...I am not at your level yet, but the confidence drills has helped me with second guessing allot so far. Also do you skip quickly and decisively or are you losing time on tougher questions? Is it the same for all sections the issue?

Here is the link to one webinar where he discusses it about 23 minutes in :)

https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

• jurisprudentjurisprudent Alum Member
    326 karma

A few strategies that work for me:

1. I aim to finish the first 10 questions in 10 minutes. Rarely, there are a few curvebreakers in the first 10, but regardless, try and finish the first few quickly and with confidence. Speed comes from efficiency in terms of eliminating the wrong answer choices as quickly as possible without much deliberation.

2. Employ skipping strategies. You should have about 7-10 minutes left over each section after your first attempt, which means you have given each question at least a first try and have a few remaining that you can dedicate to those tricky 4/5 star questions.

3. Speed does NOT come from rushing through the stimulus, passage, or game set up (depending on what section) -- you should take the time upfront to really understand what's going on before diving into the answer choices.

4. Being flexible with my prephrase. Not being stubborn if the answer choices aren't what I expected. Quickly realize that my prephrase wasn't on track and abandoning it ASAP without clinging on to it -- this is easier said than done, but it's a mindset issue that can be relatively easy to fix.