Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any tips on getting -3/-4 on LR?

Hi all,
So i've been studying since about September 2017 and I am continuously averaging about -10 on LR. LR is seriously my kryptonite :( and many times I feel that this will never change. I decided to push my test back to June 2018, in hopes that I can hopefully reach a -3 on LR or better (hopefully). Would love to hear any feedback on how I can better my chances and finally reach my goal. Happy studying :)

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

How many sections is this from? Have you finished the CC?

• Lizzyd_17Lizzyd_17 Member
    35 karma

i want to say about 6/7 timed sections. I finished CC LR about a 2 weeks ago.

35 karma

I started with my CC in December

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

If you're regularly getting -10 wrong, I think you need to be patient and just focus on comprehending where you're going right and where you're going wrong. Don't look for magic tricks now.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Lizzyd_17 said:
    Hi all,
    So i've been studying since about September 2017 and I am continuously averaging about -10 on LR. LR is seriously my kryptonite :( and many times I feel that this will never change. I decided to push my test back to June 2018, in hopes that I can hopefully reach a -3 on LR or better (hopefully). Would love to hear any feedback on how I can better my chances and finally reach my goal. Happy studying :)

Are you missing -10 per section or per test?

35 karma

@"Alex Divine" hi Alex I've Been getting 10 wrong per section unfortunately.

35 karma

@10000019 said:

You have a point. I should really consider understanding the concepts before jumping into timing. Thank you

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I think that you should try to push your BR score to -0. If you can consistently do this, the speed will come naturally.

• EvetteCeeEvetteCee Alum Member
    224 karma

Are there specific question types that you're continously getting wrong (ex: NA or Inferences)? If you pinpoint those, you can review that question type and drill them.

35 karma

@EvetteCee I feel that mbt and Sufficient assumption give me a hard time. Thanks for the suggesting. I will start definitely start drilling.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Lizzyd_17 said:

@"Alex Divine" hi Alex I've Been getting 10 wrong per section unfortunately.

You should focus on completing the CC and drilling the problem sets by question type. Don't worry about doing sections just yet. You'll get there, I promise.

Getting to that -3/-4 is all about having a really solid grasp on the basics; conditional logic, strategies for each question type, timing/pacing, and a few other things you'll pick up through completing the CC.

35 karma

Thank you so much for the help. I will start drilling and not worry about sets until I am being pretty consistent in the drilling.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Lizzyd_17 said:

Thank you so much for the help. I will start drilling and not worry about sets until I am being pretty consistent in the drilling.

Of course! I found the most helpful exercise to be doing the problem sets and writing out my own explanations to any that gave me trouble. Writing out my own explanations really helped me to examine my thought process and pinpoint exactly where I was going wrong. When you have this type of information it makes improvement much simpler!

Good luck :)

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    328 karma

I second @"Alex Divine"'s last comment on writing out your own explanations. It takes a lot of time, but pushes you to understand questions much deeper, and sort of engrain your reasoning process. When I first started taking timed PTs, I would get between -7 and -10 wrong per LR section, but after doing this (admittedly for a while) it became my best section typically going -0/-1, so it's completely possible!

35 karma

@pioneer321 said:
    thank you for keeping my hopes up :). I will start on those explanations.