Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just submitted a few apps...

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage

Did anyone else feel sick doing it? Lol I felt like I was going to mess something up, or like I mixed up which documents went to which schools. What if I missed a small mistake?

I kinda wanna go back to my safe place of studying for the LSAT...

Comments

• Tavorak_Tavorak_ Free Trial Member
    115 karma

Yeah I felt the same way but I'm mostly just kicking myself over how the LSAT / all of undergrad went lol

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

I do like a triple check process (I read through and fill out each individual section, then review each section again right before submitting, and then I read the PDF of the application during the review stage). Not that I've ever found any serious errors-- I mostly do it for the peace of mind--feeling like I did my best to catch errors.

And I have like a checklist of the five major components of my application that I run through in the review stage. And I always check school references in each essay since my essays are tailored.

And at least one person looks at my final drafts before I submit. :)

But most of that doesn't matter and it's mostly for peace of mind. Your application is great, and even if there is a tiny error, the reader is going to be reading it so fast that it won't even matter. :)

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 602 karma

Apps were fun for me but then the December scores came back and my applications became irrelevant. We could trade lives if you want. I'll take your LSAT score, and you can go back to the so called "safe place" you miss so much. :smile:

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@JerryClarke242 said:
    Apps were fun for me but then the December scores came back and my applications became irrelevant. We could trade lives if you want. I'll take your LSAT score, and you can go back to the so called "safe place" you miss so much. :smile:

Haha I think the lsat became so much a part of my life that it felt normal...now these actual applications feel much less straight forward!

I like my score though :)

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@JerryClarke242 said:

Lol - what @JerryClarke242 said!

• Radhika.Radhika. Member
    214 karma

I just submitted some too and feel sick! I thought I would feel relieved or relaxed for a bit after submitting but NOPE.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Did anyone else feel sick doing it? Lol I felt like I was going to mess something up, or like I mixed up which documents went to which schools. What if I missed a small mistake?

I kinda wanna go back to my safe place of studying for the LSAT...

Yeah, I miss the LSAT. It was comfortable warm and predictable. Not like applying, waiting, and (pause as I shudder) actually making a decision.

Then again maybe the grass is always greener. And I definitely won't give up my score.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I submitted like 15 apps all at once.

Didn't feel sick or nervous because I 10x checked everything way before. Although for 1 second I freaked because I thought I had forgotten to send GULC one of my essays lol, but I did send it to them.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Forgetting to send an essay is not the biggest deal. Most schools will allow you to submit it separately, by e-mailing the file to admissions.

edited January 2018 13286 karma

@uhinberg said:
    Forgetting to send an essay is not the biggest deal. Most schools will allow you to submit it separately, by e-mailing the file to admissions.

Thanks! When I said I few I meant 12...lol I got so nervous, I deleted them all and started them from scratch doing them one by one. Thank you again for your help!

@TheMikey dude that’s how many I submitted haha. I finally finished all my “why X” essays and stuff. I only have 4 more schools to go.

13286 karma

@"Radhika." said:
    I just submitted some too and feel sick! I thought I would feel relieved or relaxed for a bit after submitting but NOPE.

Right?! I was like, finally...no more LSAT stress, no more PS stress, all the essays are done and I can finally have a break before the start of law school. Then I submitted and now I'm just as anxious as before lol

2326 karma

You can retake in June just to calm your nerves!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@uhinberg said:
    You can retake in June just to calm your nerves!

Hahaha, good one!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited January 2018 3072 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Radhika." said:

Right?! I was like, finally...no more LSAT stress, no more PS stress, all the essays are done and I can finally have a break before the start of law school. Then I submitted and now I'm just as anxious as before lol

I've been more stressed out waiting to hear back from schools than at any other point in this whole process. I'm so glad it's almost done.

• cdawson1970cdawson1970 Member
    88 karma

Does missing the LSAT really exist?

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Haha I was totally the same way. I quadruple checked all of my applications and even added an "evening phone number" just so there wouldn't be a "no answer given" in those spots lol.

I wanted the app to look perfect.

13286 karma

@cdawson1970 said:

Yes actually lol I spent over a year of my life with the test. I'm talking about looking at LSAT stuff daily!

Since my Dec score I haven't done it once....and there is this void...

13286 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Haha I was totally the same way. I quadruple checked all of my applications and even added an "evening phone number" just so there wouldn't be a "no answer given" in those spots lol.

bleh I bet mine were not perfect....I don't want to look back, what is done is done.

2326 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@cdawson1970 said:

Yes actually lol I spent over a year of my life with the test. I'm talking about looking at LSAT stuff daily!

Since my Dec score I haven't done it once....and there is this void...

This is very normal. It's not just a matter of breaking out of a routine. As humans, we derive great satisfaction by working hard toward a definable goal. It touches at our deep-seated need for meaning and purpose.

• ahg_7700ahg_7700 Alum Member
    64 karma

YES. This thread.

I didn't think anything could be worse than the waiting game after taking the LSAT. Then I submitted applications... Definitely worse haha.

• Radhika.Radhika. Member
    214 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Paul Caint" said:

bleh I bet mine were not perfect....I don't want to look back, what is done is done.

SAME! I refuse to look back because if I know I will find something that I should have worded differently or something and will drive myself crazy so hopefully the double, triple, quadruple checking was enough.

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

American had a free application if you submitted before January 1st, so I rushed that one out before new year's eve celebrations! I'm applying to a bunch now but am still LSAT studying for June. I'm hoping for a higher score and to be in the front of the application cycle.
    Anyone know if our letters of rec are saved in LSAC in case I don't get accepted into any schools this go around?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@teamteamvicster said:
    American had a free application if you submitted before January 1st, so I rushed that one out before new year's eve celebrations! I'm applying to a bunch now but am still LSAT studying for June. I'm hoping for a higher score and to be in the front of the application cycle.
    Anyone know if our letters of rec are saved in LSAC in case I don't get accepted into any schools this go around?

Yep, I believe your letters remain as long as your CAS account is good (which is for either 3 or 5 years, something like that).

I haven't turned in any apps yet, and I already feel sick about it. After getting the LSAT score back, I realized I have no excuse not to apply anymore. I kept telling myself, well... maybe I bombed the test and then this all won't matter and I'll just have to wait another year anyway. But no... now I'm in it for real. Ugh. Gives me the sweats.

PS - @"Seeking Perfection", I just want to say that I really appreciate how you have put us all to shame at this test but have stuck around to be genuinely helpful on this board and have a humble attitude. It's so nice that you contribute your knowledge to us mere LSAT mortals haha.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"Leah M B"
    I feel like I have to stick around. I have all this nervous law school application energy and the void in my life where the LSAT used to be.

13286 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    @"Leah M B"
    I feel like I have to stick around. I have all this nervous law school application energy and the void in my life where the LSAT used to be.

This is exactly how I feel!

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    393 karma

100% yes. I have been a grantwriter for a while now and that involves a lot of terrifying submissions. I am here to tell you the feeling never goes away no matter how often you do it. Go slowly, check that final copy no matter how many times you've filled out that form, and there it is.

That LSAC application structure is no joke though - the fact they autofill is nice but it makes it so easy to zoom through quickly. I found myself getting really paranoid, ie, "did I make a typo in a job 10 years ago that means I am A LIAR A THOUSAND TIMES??" It saved me typing but no worry whatsoever.