Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP! A final decision has not been made?

swhitt10swhitt10 Free Trial Member
edited January 2018 in Law School Admissions 60 karma

My #1 school sent an email and said a final decision has not been made?

I understand that this seems to mean they aren't sure whether or not to let me in? Why not waitlist? What should I do?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Is that all the message said? Did it mention pushing you with regular applicants?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Need more details. Was it ED and they said you're in the RD pool now? Or are you already in the RD pool and all they said is it is going to take more time?

• swhitt10swhitt10 Free Trial Member
    60 karma

They placed my file on hold. Said if I could update with more information then do it but didn't have to and that I would still be considered when they see how applications shake out basically.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited January 2018 1501 karma

Sounds like a quasi WL. Was this NKU? (I have exchanged comments w/you on LSN). Or- have you registered for the February LSAT? I am on hold at NKU awaiting my Feb score.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Maybe start preparing a letter of continued interest.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Maybe start preparing a letter of continued interest.

Ditto that. I would do this.

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

Depends on whether you're talking about a Canadian or American school. The Canadian schools I know of will use a "hold" status to indicate that you're borderline on their index and they haven't decided whether you're in or out. That often means your app goes to a committee for further review. If you're applying to an index school, there is little you can do to swing the decision in your favor but an email or phone call doesn't hurt if you're curious.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@swhitt10 said:
    They placed my file on hold. Said if I could update with more information then do it but didn't have to and that I would still be considered when they see how applications shake out basically.

Yeah that's more or less waitlist, to my knowledge. I'd consider sending a LOCI.

60 karma

When should a LOCI be sent? How long should I wait?

60 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@swhitt10 said:

Yeah that's more or less waitlist, to my knowledge. I'd consider sending a LOCI.

How soon after today would a LOCI be appropriate?

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

I would do the LOCI asap. The sooner they know of your continued interest and that they are your no. 1 school, the better.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Yes - send the LOCI as soon as possible! You can always send a follow up later if you're still in the same holding pattern at that point.