Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Status Checker Frenzy

I have read in a reddit post that law schools know how often you have checked the status checker, as the poster claimed he or she received an email tell them not to worry so much about the status and that they will be emailed a response with due time. Is this common? Also, for some schools I only found out today that I became under review, with no email notification. I sent those applications only a week before. Is this common and when should I expect to hear a decision.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

" when should I expect to hear a decision."
    Unless the school has explicitly told you a time, don't expect anything.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@10000019 thanks!

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Literally any website can see how long you've been on the website/where you are/what you click on/etc. Like, 7sage probably has these analytics as well. So operate with the idea that the admissions officers can see exactly what you're doing. I work in UG Admissions and we see literally every time a student clicks on a website with our .edu

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    Literally any website can see how long you've been on the website/where you are/what you click on/etc. Like, 7sage probably has these analytics as well. So operate with the idea that the admissions officers can see exactly what you're doing. I work in UG Admissions and we see literally every time a student clicks on a website with our .edu

7Sage does, here are my pathetic stats....2,606 visits holy hell....

Username LSATcantwin

Joined a year ago

Visits 2,606

Last Active 4 minutes ago

But do you make admissions based on the number of views you have per website? lol

1617 karma

@LSATcantwin my school personally does not. But some schools do consider "demonstrated interest" which would take into account what pages have been viewed and how often. But we don't because what if a kid can't afford a laptop or to fly across the country to visit? Demonstrated Interest in v classist

13286 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    @LSATcantwin my school personally does not. But some schools do consider "demonstrated interest" which would take into account what pages have been viewed and how often. But we don't because what if a kid can't afford a laptop or to fly across the country to visit? Demonstrated Interest in v classist

I suppose it is time to create a daily ritual of visiting each law schools status checker then.....lol

1617 karma

@LSATcantwin don't take my word for bible tho! I can only speak for my Undergrad

13286 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    @LSATcantwin don't take my word for bible tho! I can only speak for my Undergrad

Yes, but now that can't be unheard! And now checking the status checker will make it feel like I'm doing something to get into schools.

IF I even get admitted anywhere, I'm going to attribute it all to my 2,000 visits to their status checker ;)

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

I'm imagining a super creepy Black Mirror episode about this.

UCLA admissions office: We noticed this applicant has been been dreaming in shades of blue and gold more often recently and has even mentioned Los Angeles to family twice during the Christmas holidays. Hmmm... let's send her an email with a benign request for information and check to see how much her heart rate jumps when she checks it, just to make sure it's actual interest.

They would call the episode Undemonstrated Interest.

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

@PublicInterested said:
    I'm imagining a super creepy Black Mirror episode about this.

UCLA admissions office: We noticed this applicant has been been dreaming in shades of blue and gold more often recently and has even mentioned Los Angeles to family twice during the Christmas holidays. Hmmm... let's send her an email with a benign request for information and check to see how much her heart rate jumps when she checks it, just to make sure it's actual interest.

They would call the episode Undemonstrated Interest.

Hahaaa, then I will be admitted to all schools. Every night I dream of a different school lol.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Haha funny response @PublicInterested . I also liked your prom analogy in another post. Thanks @kimmy_m66 . Seems like i was overlooking something obvious