Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Positivity thread on how far you've come

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
in General 587 karma

Feb LSAT takers, we're almost there!

I've been getting down on myself these last few days, because my LG is not where I want it to be just yet. And so naturally, I've been having another existential crisis. So I decided to sit down and write out how far I've come with my LSAT prep to motivate me to finish strong these next few weeks. It was really helpful, so I thought I'd start a thread so we could all celebrate our growth and keep moving forward.

1) I understand the LSAT. I know what to look for with each question type.

2) I finally started consistently scoring -3 in LR. Started off with -11, and this took months and months of work.

3) I have the stamina to finish tests.

4) I know how I learn best ( this is my biggest take away).

5) I can talk myself down from my anxiety in the middle of PT's.

6) My BR went from 159-178 in 9 months.

What have your takeaways been?

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I started off only finishing 1 game on a PT, now I can finish 3!

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

Sat for LSAT 80, December 2016. Got a 145. -19 RC, -16 LG. Now I'm PTing around 165-168. My improvement seems to have come from drilling full sections and spending an enormous time on BR, and foolproofing games. Sitting again next month.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Too much to list, haha.

All I can say is that 7Sage completely changed everything for me. When I began studying, my goal was a 160. I never thought I'd be able to score higher than that. I couldn't finish one logic game. I was ok on LR and RC, but I couldn't get my LR score to below -4 for months. Finally, after a year of on and off studying, I'm finally scoring 10+ higher than I ever imagined. My score goal is now a 180 and my dream schools have changed to include all the top US law schools.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Too much to list, haha.

All I can say is that 7Sage completely changed everything for me. When I began studying, my goal was a 160. I never thought I'd be able to score higher than that. I couldn't finish one logic game. I was ok on LR and RC, but I couldn't get my LR score to below -4 for months. Finally, after a year of on and off studying, I'm finally scoring 10+ higher than I ever imagined. My score goal is now a 180 and my dream schools have changed to include all the top US law schools.

Lol, in my mind you've always been one of those people that scored a 169+ on their diagnostic :P

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Too much to list, haha.

Lol, in my mind you've always been one of those people that scored a 169+ on their diagnostic :P

Before I took my diagnostic, in my mind, I too was a person who scored a 169+ on my diagnostic. Until I took it and went -17 on games, lmao. I was crushed lol

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    edited January 2018 3788 karma

@"Alex Divine" I told my mom that I got a 165 on the diagnostic. I assumed that I would get that score on a diagnostic because I got some of the sample questions in the LSAT test prep books correct. I thought the LSAT RC was going to be similar as the RC in the SATs, and since I only got one wrong in the SAT RC, I presumed I would perform similarly on the LSATs. Boy was I wrong haha.

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Too much to list, haha.

Before I took my diagnostic, in my mind, I too was a person who scored a 169+ on my diagnostic. Until I took it and went -17 on games, lmao. I was crushed lol

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    edited January 2018 973 karma

I took my first diagnostic PT in December, a few days before Christmas, and really struggled on the LG section-- I got -8, and that was with guessing (this was before I knew about BR, obviously)!

Well, it's been 26 days since then and by following the advice of all you lovely helpers, I've been Fool Proofing and practicing, and today I just took an LG section, getting -1 and BR'ing that section -0! Progress can happen and I'm so happy about it! Couldn't do it without the advice of all here, so thank you all!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@hawaiihi said:
    I took my first diagnostic PT in December, a few days before Christmas, and really struggled on the LG section-- I got -8, and that was with guessing (this was before I knew about BR, obviously)!

Well, it's been 26 days since then and by following the advice of all you lovely helpers, I've been Fool Proofing and practicing, and today I just took an LG section, getting -1 and BR'ing that section -0! Progress can happen and I'm so happy about it! Couldn't do it without the advice of all here, so thank you all!

Holy smokes! That's amazing! What PTs did you fool proof?

973 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

At first I did PTs 35-33, but then I pretty quickly realized that I had no idea how to do In/Out games, so I (nearly) did all the In/Out games within PTs 1-35. I've also done all of a few LG sections, like 29, 24, 14, and 2. I really think the main progress was isolating my weakness and picking up speed.

All in all, I've Fool Proofed about 54 games since I started, using @Pacifico 's strategy (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1) with a few minor modifications, keeping track of it on a Google Spreadsheet.

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    634 karma

I was really close to giving up on the LSAT a few weeks ago; couldn't complete LG at all, was getting everything wrong, never had time on RC and generally saw 0 improvement.

Did my first PT yesterday and got a 158. Needs to be better but considering how much I thought I would bomb it, I'm super happy!!!

• Marco AntonioMarco Antonio Alum Member
    199 karma

I started with a 144 in June. I'm currently at a 164 and my BR ranges from 170-176. My goal is to get a 170+ on the real deal. I feel like I'm so close. 7sage has been my rock studying for this test

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited January 2018 3197 karma

31 point increase (timed) and 21 increase on an actual administration... if I can just get to 25 on an actual my life totally changes!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@hawaiihi said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

At first I did PTs 35-33, but then I pretty quickly realized that I had no idea how to do In/Out games, so I (nearly) did all the In/Out games within PTs 1-35. I've also done all of a few LG sections, like 29, 24, 14, and 2. I really think the main progress was isolating my weakness and picking up speed.

All in all, I've Fool Proofed about 54 games since I started, using @Pacifico 's strategy (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1) with a few minor modifications, keeping track of it on a Google Spreadsheet.

Wait, you mean PTs 25-33? Also, that's incredible! It sounds like you caught on to games quite quickly.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I love this thread! Let's keep going and see how far we can go!

http://nowomaha.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/anigif_sub-buzz-8208-1481657816-2.gif

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Do you guys think a June write would help with scholarship negotiations and getting off a wait list? I’m so close to being in the 170s. I wrote in Dec and bombed LG with a -13 (scored in the low 160s)....I know I’ll be more ready in June....but I really don’t want to delay a cycle. Thoughts?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Last year they were still making a smaller number of offers after the June test. It's not ideal timing, but you'd still have a chance at most schools.

edited January 2018 973 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

Wait, you mean PTs 25-33?

Haha, nope, just the Logic Games sections of 35-33––that was about all it took to realize that my In-Out skills were severely lacking!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@hawaiihi said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Wait, you mean PTs 25-33?

Haha, nope, just the Logic Games sections of 35-33––that was about all it took to realize that my In-Out skills were severely lacking!

Wait, just literally 33, 34, and 35? Whoa... you are an LG master :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:
    Do you guys think a June write would help with scholarship negotiations and getting off a wait list? I’m so close to being in the 170s. I wrote in Dec and bombed LG with a -13 (scored in the low 160s)....I know I’ll be more ready in June....but I really don’t want to delay a cycle. Thoughts?

Yes, June can help you get off waitlists. Scholarships will be school dependent, but I'm sure if you have the numbers they'll be some offers left for you. Not sure how taking the LSAT that late in the cycle will affect your chances/amount of $$$ though.