Con Law 1.1 – Overview
I. General Topics in this Course on U.S. Constitutional Law
* Themes of the U.S. Constitution
* Principles of constitutional analysis
* Types of constitutional arguments
* Interaction between judicial interpretation and constitutional politics
* Law school exam tips
II. Interesting Features of Constitutional Law
* Intellectually stimulating and practically relevant.
* Combines law and other academic disciplines.
* Combines black letter law (long-standing, stable judicial doctrine) with complex political and cultural influences.
* Combines judicial interpretation with constitutional politics (the beliefs, practices, commitments, and decision-making of non-judicial actors, outside the courts).
III. Overview of This Constitutional Law Course
A. Constitutional Text
B. Historical Background of the U.S. Constitution
C. Functions and Purposes of Constitution
i. Constitutional Structure (Part I of this Course)
* The Constitution defines relationship between the federal government and the states.
2. Separation of Powers
* The Constitution creates the national government, while dividing and mixing powers among the three branches.
ii. Protect Individual Rights (Part II of this Course)
Learn about our Law School Explained courses.
No note. Click here to write note.