Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dress Code for admitted Students Days

davi2526davi2526 Alum Member

Hey All,

Got some admitted students days coming up this month. Any idea what the dress code is for those? From perusing the other law school forums, it seems like most people are fairly casual (but they're not really wearing shorts or sweatpants and a t-shirt). So, for a guy, would nice jeans and a collared shirt be decent enough? I'm assuming wearing a coat and tie is overdressing a bit for Admitted Students days, since I don't have any scholarship interviews on these (that would obviously change things). Thoughts? Anyone already been to some of these?

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2017 4141 karma

Yeah a coat and tie is definitely overkill. Do you have khakis and a button up? I'd air on a more business casual look. That way you won't look so laid back you aren't serious/don't care, but not so fluffy like a French sofa on campus ya know?

I've visited some campuses on admitted students day and I've seen students in class wear a range from tshirts and jeans to dress pants and more formal attire. I think it's best to strike a look somewhere in the middle that inspires confidence. CONGRATS on being admitted!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Congrats!!! Yeah i wouldn't overdo it but a hoodie and sweats won't cut it either haha. I think you'll be fine! :D

• davi2526davi2526 Alum Member
    66 karma

Thanks for the advice!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27848 karma

Agreed: Nice but not too nice. Within that range, rock whatever works best for you.