Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GPA from two different Schools

My question is on what Law Schools will they be looking at GPA from? I went to a community college to get my Associates and then finished the other two years at a University. My grades at University were not as good as they were at Community College. At community College I finished with I believe around a 3.45 GPA, and at University with a 2.88 GPA. That averaged to about a 3.25. I'm hoping Law Schools will look at that 3.25, and count Community College, as that was work towards my Bachelors and that was about 80 credits. I don't see why they wouldn't look at that. My University Transcripts show some of Community College classes but they don't show the GPA, they indicate it as 0.0, meaning they're not counting that towards that University's GPA.

So what can I expect they'll look at?

Thank you

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

You have to submit all transcripts from all schools. They'll see all the credits you've done whether it's on your 4 yr school transcript or not and it will all count for your LSAC GPA.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

They will see both of your GPAs; however, the cumulative GPA (3.25) is the one that holds the most weight since it is the one that the law schools report to the ABA.

• J ArandaJ Aranda Member
    48 karma

That's what I was hoping for. I just wanted to confirm. Thank you

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:
    You have to submit all transcripts from all schools. They'll see all the credits you've done whether it's on your 4 yr school transcript or not and it will all count for your LSAC GPA.

Yup, so looks like it will be the 3.25!

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

In Ontario they do not count, not sure about other countries or provinces.
    "Only university undergraduate credit courses from Canadian and American universities are included in the OLSAS GPA. Diploma and certificate programs are not usually included." Quote taken from directly from OLSAS's website.