Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admissions questions re: Boston law schools

Hi all,

I have 2 admissions questions re: Boston schools (Boston College, Boston University, and Northeastern.)

1. Can I submit a "Why School X" essay for these schools? It was not mentioned as a requirement on their websites, and I get the sense that I may not even be able to submit one. (I.e., they will only have a field to input for a personal statement and diversity statement but no "why School X" essay field.) This is pure speculation.

2. Any specific tips for applying to these schools from successful applicants? Please private message me if that's easier!

Comments

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

I can only answer question 1. A lot of schools do not specifically ask for Why X essays and do not even have a specific place to upload it in the application. However, they almost all have an addendum upload section. You can upload your Why X essay there.

I would imagine that almost all schools would want to hear why you want to go there, as long as you give meaningful reasons. BTW, the fact that their library looks like Hogwarts is not a meaningful reason. Learned that the hard way. Good luck!

• CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
    550 karma