ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 1184 karma

Comments

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    edited September 2017 708 karma

This is kind of off topic but have you thought about LSAT accommodations? I would think this type of health issue definitely deserves some extra time if it is going to throw off your writing.. Even my hands get cramped during the writing sample.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1184 karma

@kkrystyna said:
    This is kind of off topic but have you thought about LSAT accommodations? I would think this type of health issue definitely deserves some extra time if it is going to throw off your writing.. Even my hands get cramped during the writing sample.

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

Hey! I'm so sorry to hear about your hands, but it's great that you are getting a chance to study full-time! I would recommend doing as your tutor says and beginning the core curriculum again. Take it from someone who has done it twice, it is a lot easier and more rewarding the second time around. Don't worry about finishing it before you get home but make it your goal this time around to ensure you understand every section before moving on to the next. If you are confused about anything in any way DO NOT MOVE ON! Also, if you can nail down a solid foundational understanding of conditional logic (i.e. being able to quickly apply the four group to every day sentences at the snap of a finger and knowing your valid argument forms and how to apply them in assumption LR questions) prior to getting home, you'll be at a major advantage since it is such a huge part of both LR and LG. This is the part that took me the longest to figure out. Definitely ask about those accommodations too!

1184 karma

@amedley88 said:
    Hey! I'm so sorry to hear about your hands, but it's great that you are getting a chance to study full-time! I would recommend doing as your tutor says and beginning the core curriculum again. Take it from someone who has done it twice, it is a lot easier and more rewarding the second time around. Don't worry about finishing it before you get home but make it your goal this time around to ensure you understand every section before moving on to the next. If you are confused about anything in any way DO NOT MOVE ON! Also, if you can nail down a solid foundational understanding of conditional logic (i.e. being able to quickly apply the four group to every day sentences at the snap of a finger and knowing your valid argument forms and how to apply them in assumption LR questions) prior to getting home, you'll be at a major advantage since it is such a huge part of both LR and LG. This is the part that took me the longest to figure out. Definitely ask about those accommodations too!

Thank you for the amazing advice :smile: , conditional logic also definitely took me a long time to understand and I moved on and had to come back which was the biggest mistake I made so you are absolutely right. I guess I will focus on getting through the lessons when I get the chance and will go hardcore when I get home. If anything my waiver lasts until January 2019 so I at least have until December which will give me a couple of takes for 2019. Thanks OP, I definitely will as my hands are not the same at all.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

I would DEF get an accommodation in that case - you deserve one. It puts you at a disadvantage. Good luck with your studying!!

1184 karma

@kkrystyna said:
    I would DEF get an accommodation in that case - you deserve one. It puts you at a disadvantage. Good luck with your studying!!

I definitely will sometimes I have so much going on I forget my hands are injured. Best of luck to you also :).

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Aww sad you're leaving Dallas .. Yay for parents though! :-D

1184 karma

@tringo335 said:

Lol awwh yes just for a year or so to be able to give myself a shot at my highest potential and build very strong applications. My dad came through with an idea to get me out of this tough place I have been stuck in that's for sure. I am sure the snow and the cost of living will definitely drive me right back here in warm Texas lol.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@ElleWoods77 said:

@tringo335 said:

Lol awwh yes just for a year or so to be able to give myself a shot at my highest potential and build very strong applications. My dad came through with an idea to get me out of this tough place I have been stuck in that's for sure. I am sure the snow and the cost of living will definitely drive me right back here in warm Texas lol.

ha! wouldn't blame you :)

• lalahhhhhlalahhhhh Alum Member
    40 karma

I'm so sorry to hear about your injury! :frowning: As someone who's applied for accommodations myself, definitely give it a shot and be mindful of the deadlines and request for them early just incase you have to appeal your case and/or gather the supporting documents!

https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/accommodated-testing

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    edited September 2017 1363 karma

@ElleWoods77 said:

@tringo335 said:

Wow, Canada is low-key hurt. That's ok though, free healthcare got these bruises covered.

On a serious note, I'm assuming you're shooting for sitting for the June test? I'd say, if you can, get in some studying early in the morning. After working for 8+ hours, it's difficult to devote focused attention to the LSAT.

Also, it seems like you're over stressing/pressurizing yourself about this. Rather than setting definitive deadlines during this time period, if I were you, I'd honestly just aim for revisiting as much of the CC as I possibly could during this time period. Don't over burden yourself too much. I think 12-20 hours per week should definitely be enough to help to get through a good chunk of the CC between now and December (and you can leave the rest for when you presume studying full time). If you can clock in 2-3 hours per day for 6-7 days, I think you should be golden.

Good luck!

1184 karma

@lalahhhhh said:
    I'm so sorry to hear about your injury! :frowning: As someone who's applied for accommodations myself, definitely give it a shot and be mindful of the deadlines and request for them early just incase you have to appeal your case and/or gather the supporting documents!

https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/accommodated-testing

Thank you so much, I am calling LSAC to get more information as we speak.

1184 karma

@thisissparta said:

@ElleWoods77 said:

@tringo335 said:

Wow, Canada is low-key hurt. That's ok though, free healthcare got these bruises covered.

On a serious note, I'm assuming you're shooting for sitting for the June test? I'd say, if you can, get in some studying early in the morning. After working for 8+ hours, it's difficult to devote focused attention to the LSAT.

Also, it seems like you're over stressing/pressurizing yourself about this. Rather than setting definitive deadlines during this time period, if I were you, I'd honestly just aim for revisiting as much of the CC as I possibly could during this time period. Don't over burden yourself too much. I think 12-20 hours per week should definitely be enough to help to get through a good chunk of the CC between now and December (and you can leave the rest for when you presume studying full time). If you can clock in 2-3 hours per day for 6-7 days, I think you should be golden.

Good luck!

Lol Canada has no reason to be hurt. Texas may have my heart, but Canada will always be home. May still consider some schools there as well.

You are correct, though I am thinking September may be more reasonable. It all depends on my tutors opinion as well. Unfortunately that is not an option as I have quite a commute, I would probably have to get up at 3 in the morning to do that.

I agree with you, I guess everything has come crumbling down and I am being to hard on myself. Thanks for the advice OP I would say that is super realistic, though I cannot study every single day I think trying to get through as much as possible is a good goal and will keep me engaged while I am super busy.