Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Schedule for the Morning of the 8 am Test

btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
edited August 2018 in General 1207 karma

Hi all I recently modified my schedule so that I'm waking up at 4 am. I did this so I can study before work. In the spirit of keeping things consistent, I want to wake up at 4 am on the day of the test!

I want to start practicing my test day routine on the weekends. Please let me know what you think of my schedule and if you would add/take out anything! My main goal is to remain confident and calm throughout the test.

Breakfast: 2 sunnyside up eggs
Morning snack: PB&J sandwich
15 min break during the test snack: apple with peanut butter + Cheese + 1/2 PB&J sandwich

4 am Wake up, bfast
4:30 am Meditate
5 am 30 minutes of yoga, followed by a hot shower
6 am commute to test & warm up (1 game, 1 passage, and 2 pages of LR)
7 am Meditate & check in for test

How early should I get to the test center for the 8 am test to check in?
Do you guys have any easyish yoga routines/youtube channels that you follow?
Do you have better ideas for the 15 min break snack?

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited August 2018 3652 karma

The check in is at 8am right? You’d rather show up at 8am. Maybe 5 min before the check in time. There is absolutely no reason for you to be there an hour early. You’ll just be waiting in line for an hour and the line will not start moving forward until 8am. And even if you’re first in line, then you’ll be forced to sit in the test center for almost an hour. It takes some time to check everyone in. If you must be in the test area an hour early just to feel secure in your commute, then just hang out at a nearby Starbucks and read a book and unwind.
    I brought a chicken salad from Trader Joe’s and a Hershey’s almond chocolate bar. I have a fast metabolism and have to eat a lot constantly so I cant imagine just bringing an apple like other people. I only ate half of everything tho.
    Aside from that, your meditate + quick yoga + warm up is exactly what I did on my test day.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    The check in is at 8am right? You’d rather show up at 8am. Maybe 5 min before the check in time. There is absolutely no reason for you to be there an hour early. You’ll just be waiting in line for an hour and the line will not start moving forward until 8am. And even if you’re first in line, then you’ll be forced to sit in the test center for almost an hour. It takes some time to check everyone in. If you must be in the test area an hour early just to feel secure in your commute, then just hang out at a nearby Starbucks and read a book and unwind.
    I brought a chicken salad from Trader Joe’s and a Hershey’s almond chocolate bar. I have a fast metabolism and have to eat a lot constantly so I cant imagine just bringing an apple like other people. I only ate half of everything tho.
    Aside from that, your meditate + quick yoga + warm up is exactly what I did on my test day.

Thank you! I missed that the check-in is 8 am, not the actual test. Congrats again on your score. :)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I think the check-in are at 8:30am usually. https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-dates-deadlines/2018-2019/us-canada-sept

The last time I took the test, I showed up at the testing center at 8:00am and meditated for 15 minutes and then went to the bathroom. I think I entered the testing room around 8:25am!