Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC LOR’s -can we read them?

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌

I don’t see a feature on the LSAC website to read a submitted LOR before we assign it to a school and send it. Has anyone else accomplished this? Obviously I want to make sure I’m only sending the strongest letters.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited September 2018 9377 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    I don’t see a feature on the LSAC website to read a submitted LOR before we assign it to a school and send it. Has anyone else accomplished this? Obviously I want to make sure I’m only sending the strongest letters.

You can't see your LORs through LSAC. If you didn't waive your rights to see your letters of recommendation, then you can see them after you enroll at the law school.

But according to 7Sage's LOR lesson ("Recommendation Logistics"), "Even if you waive your right to access the file, your recommender is allowed to show you her letter."

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

What @akistotle said. It’s highly highly advised that you choose to waive your rights to see the letters with LSAC (something you would’ve had to choose before your recommender uploads your letter. But, you are allowed to see it if your recommender is ok with sending you a copy. I politely asked my recommenders to see their letters and one sent it to me, the others didn’t. You pretty much have to go off your belief of how the letters are, unless they share a copy with you.