Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I improve my LG time?

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
in Logic Games 535 karma

Probably the thousandth person to ask this, but how can I improve my time on LG? I can go either -0 or -2 now, but it takes me an hour to figure out all four games completely. I do the game board up front and don’t have to really refer to the stimulus that much (or at all) after I’ve made my board, but I do know that figuring out which game board to use can take me some time, and shaking loose the inferences takes me a while. Looking for concrete tips. TIA

Comments

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2804 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    Probably the thousandth person to ask this, but how can I improve my time on LG? I can go either -0 or -2 now, but it takes me an hour to figure out all four games completely. I do the game board up front and don’t have to really refer to the stimulus that much (or at all) after I’ve made my board, but I do know that figuring out which game board to use can take me some time, and shaking loose the inferences takes me a while. Looking for concrete tips. TIA

It sounds like you are starting to nail down the fundamentals but just need to become a little more confident in applying your skills quickly. I wish there was a magic bullet that I could recommend that you do, however, most people who have reached high proficiency at LG point to extreme repetition as to what got them there. The inferences are pretty repetitive in nature so I think that the more practice you get in, the more comfortable you will become with what to look for and in turn will find it more quickly. It obviously varies per individual but it took me around 1.5 months of FoolProofing before I could go -1 or -2 under timed conditions. Trust the process and don't forget to celebrate small signs of growth each day!

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

@"Lucas Carter" said:
    It sounds like you are starting to nail down the fundamentals but just need to become a little more confident in applying your skills quickly. I wish there was a magic bullet that I could recommend that you do, however, most people who have reached high proficiency at LG point to extreme repetition as to what got them there. The inferences are pretty repetitive in nature so I think that the more practice you get in, the more comfortable you will become with what to look for and in turn will find it more quickly. It obviously varies per individual but it took me around 1.5 months of FoolProofing before I could go -1 or -2 under timed conditions. Trust the process and don't forget to celebrate small signs of growth each day!

Thank you for the feedback!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 2124 karma

You seem to know what to do on LG, but since you're having difficulty quickly figuring out what game board to use, I would suggest going through the LG section of the CC, and identifying the keywords for each question type that would help you determine your game board. I used to be in your shoes, but learning the indicators for a sequencing or grouping game really helped. The issue of making inferences and time improvement comes down to lots of practice. If you haven't already, I would recommend fool proofing logic games 1-35. These have a lot of unusual games which are beginning to appear a lot more on the recent tests.

Here's a link to the foolproofing method I would recommend, but I don't think it's necessary for you to repeat the games 10 times in my opinion. Hope this helps!
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1