Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September 2018- freaking “fairy circles”

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌

Am I allowed to post about the fairy circles question and get help having someone explain why the answer is what it is? Delete if I’m not. I just really don’t get it.

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

I think you can since the test has been released to test takers. Just mention what section of the test and question number is. For example, "PT85, S2, Q18". You can't post all the details of the test like the stimulus or answer choices but just post what you're confused about/your analysis.

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

I would love to talk about this question with someone! I missed it, and now that I've reviewed it, I know exactly why the wrong answer is wrong, but I'd love to get someone else's input.

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

This might help if this was your issue. It was attributing cause to the "BURROWING ACTIVITIES of the termites," not just "termites" in general. So to strengthen we would need specific evidence that reflects on the former

• willis91willis91 Alum Member
    101 karma

I just redid this section and missed it AGAIN! I feel like you have to have background knowledge about termites to know that burrowing colonies spread.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8699 karma

This is a remarkably difficult question. Just read it for the first time.

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    edited October 2018 403 karma

@beezmoof said:
    This might help if this was your issue. It was attributing cause to the "BURROWING ACTIVITIES of the termites," not just "termites" in general. So to strengthen we would need specific evidence that reflects on the former

Yep this was my thought process as well. Keeping their hypothesis in mind, you can eliminate 4 ACs.