Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

am i kinda screwed for october?

The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
edited August 2013 in General 283 karma
basically atm my last pt a few weeks ago was 149 starting from a 140. Kinda thinking i am screwed for october, might have to push back to december. i ordered the bp lg game book so if I get good jumps in lg it may help a lot.

Comments

• thehagz64thehagz64 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    you might not necessarily be screwed so to say. it depends on the schools you are aiming for and your personal goal. That is a decent jump in score, and you obviously have plenty of room for improvement. Retaking isn't the end of the world either. Weigh your options. You can take it in December, but your results may not be back until mid/late January. Many schools will already be sending out acceptance/rejection letter by then so you will be sort of behind. What schools were you planning on applying to and whats your GPA?
  • The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    edited August 2013 283 karma
    I'm in Canada and here if you don't have a 160 atleast you are not very competitive. So, I'm not sure if you'd know the school

Currently not sure what GPA would be in the states, but its a B+ at the moment which I hope to bump up to an A this upcoming year.

• KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    I'm a splitter :/

I need a 180 (or nothing lower than 170) or its GG NO RE lol

• K SK S Free Trial Member
    86 karma
    What I would do in your situation/ I am kind of in the same boat is focus on your weakness and start drilling it. My weakness is LR. I am not ignoring the other parts of the exam, however, I am making sure I drill the LR. Start doing untimed exams/get the bibles/ do a million untimed. Then start doing 10 timed then 20 timed then a section. I was in your situation about a week ago and doing this helped my score. I have the kaplan workbooks that just have a bunch of questions and explanations that follow them. I liked working in them because I didn't feel pressured to work with timing. I did as many as possible until I felt bored/like I wasn't struggling. If you need help/materials message me/
  • Anthony SAnthony S Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    This is the same issue for me. i started with a PT at 140 and I managed to score a 151 and 152 on the last two full timed practice tests. I have to get up to 160 in order to try and get into the school in Canada that I really want to go to since it is the only joint program of its kind in all of Canada. The one positive I can take out of my score is that the questions in LR that I am messing up are all the same type... Sufficient, necessary assumption, Reasoning, parralel questions, inference and point at issue. it seems like a lot but I am confident i can fix this. On the other hand, my Reading Comp sections are so hit or miss it is not even funny. anyways, I am still taking the October test, and if I do mess up you can look at it as a practice day and just re-do it in December. Hopefully the 160 comes on the first try though. good luck
  • K SK S Free Trial Member
    86 karma
    How are people doing on this? I want to increase to 170s but am currently in low 150s. December is the test I decided to take. Can I increase this? I work 40 hours a week. I am gonna start doing 2 hours in the morning and two to three at night. Anyone have any advice for me? I feel like I'm scared and not improving and like I'm moving too slow