Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Implications of February LSAT and Fall admission

GettingOutGettingOut Alum Member
edited December 2014 in February 2015 LSAT 79 karma
What is the opinion of 7Sagers and taking the FEB LSAT for the fall semester admission. I'm thinking that I didn't do as well as I would have liked and plan on taking the FEB test unless a higher than anticipated score is received. Ive noticed that Law school preparation organizations have completely different advice while surfing the net. BLUF(bottom line up front): Is it really harder to get into schools if they accept later applications? How do two back to back tests look to admission councils? Is it wise to apply to some with DEC scores and others with FEB scores? Whatchy'all think?

Comments

• LeBisondeMistLeBisondeMist Alum Member
    135 karma
    The Feb LSAT is generally seen as being too late in the cycle to apply. Unless you have an amazing application--4.2 GPA, Nobel Peace Prize, saved 10 children from a burning bus--you likely won't get into schools that you could get into if you wait until next October to apply. You could always apply with Dec scores and then update the schools you hadn't been admitted to yet/had been waitlisted at with Feb scores. If you notify them in advance that you're taking Feb, they'll hold your applications until they have those scores, though. In regards to two back to back tests, I don't think this is an issue at all.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Given the decrease in applications I wouldn't necessarily you're put at a huge disadvantage in terms of admission with a Feb score, but you will most likely lose out on scholarship money. Unless your family are multi-millionaires, it's sooooooo worth it to sit out the cycle and apply early to maximize those schollies.

Not to add stress or anything..but keep in mind if you decide to retake in Feb or June, there is that 3 times in 2 years rule. :P
  • GettingOutGettingOut Alum Member
    79 karma
    HHHMMMM...interesting. Thanks. Fortunately, money is not an option since the military will be paying. This is helpful, thank you.