Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

parallel questions trick

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
edited December 2014 in February 2015 LSAT 578 karma
Let's face it, we don't have time to diagram logical reasoning questions on the test especially if your a slow reader like me. So when I get to parallel questions it pisses me off cause I have to sit there and diagram the stimulus and every answer choice until I get to the right one.

So instead of diagramming parallel questions, I just put it like this: A-->B B--->C therefore A--->C and try to find an answer choice that follows the same logic instead of diagramming the actual words in the stimulus.

Comments

• SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    What I do is number the points as they are introduced. So in the end if I see if I have the pattern 1221 or 2113 or something like that in the stimulus, know what to look for in the answer choices
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Oh I like the number thing! The letters is good too, but for some reason the numbers will be easier for me, but then again logic games are easier for me than LR
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    try it!it works every time!
  • PublicInterest2018PublicInterest2018 Alum Member
    23 karma
    Love this numbers idea!
  • Gz412326Gz412326 Alum Member
    92 karma
    Can you elaborate or give an example of the numbers method?
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I always skip parallel questions. They're such a time sink for me. Could you explain the numbers method?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    I don't understand the number method.

Instead of A--> B you put 1-->2?
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I don't understand the numbers either.
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    Often there's two or even three easy deletes among the answer choices because of disparities between all/some/probably/most etc. E.g., if the stimulus is somes and possibles, then strike out any answer choice that is expressing stuff more strongly -- you don't even have to look at the conditional relationships because you know it's not parallel already. Honestly though, a lot of the time I just skip the questions that instantly depress me by taking up a half page and come back to them only if I have time. Only if a brief scan on the basis above quickly narrows it down to two answer choices would I think of taking the time to give it a go first time through as I run tight on time.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Yea, I usually skip these question types and only come back to them when and if I have time left. Since they're time sink questions.