October 2019 - VERY limited locations?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

Is it just me, but is the October 2019 test have VERY FEW locations? I went from having a testing cite 4 miles away from me for June/September, to that site not being open anymore and the closest cite being 20 miles away.

Comments

• Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
    edited July 2019 203 karma

Is your testing site typically a university or college of some kind? Prior to this year, the non-summer standard LSAT dates always fell on a Saturday and always at 8:30am. When I saw that they were offering multiple fall/winter/spring exams at 12:30pm on Mondays, I instantly wondered how my prior testing site (a law school at a university) was going to handle it since college classes would be going on during then. It turns out my curiosity was warranted: the closest testing site near me for the October, November, and March exams (all on a Monday @ 12:30pm) is 65 miles away.

Takeaway: LSAC masks their shortsighted decision-making and disregard for test takers as "convenience" and "increased accessibility."

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

As we get a little closer they should put up some more testing centers. If there are no testing centers within a certain mileage a student can request a center closer to them. I think it’s like 100 miles. My testing center is pretty big and I took all 3 LSATs there, but it wasn’t available to sign up for the June administration until April if my memory is correct.