Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hitting 170

laila.ayublaila.ayub Free Trial Member
edited January 2015 in February 2015 LSAT 45 karma

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    word
  • JudyyyyyJudyyyyy Alum Member
    edited January 2015 136 karma
    amen.
  • Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
    221 karma
    Unlikely
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Good job!
  • darleen.langandarleen.langan Alum Member
    3 karma
    I can't seem to crack 167. :-/ I take turns missing half a dozen on either LR or the games and can't seem to find a pattern. GRRR
  • laila.ayublaila.ayub Free Trial Member
    45 karma
    Whoops I think I meant to delete this. I did have a specific question, but I've managed to start hitting 170 on PTs. It took a while to get there from 166-169. Good luck to all!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Please sure your method with us :)
    45 karma
    I took a three month course from a big company, and also working 100-hour weeks for the last month of it and by the end, I scored the exact same as I had on my first diagnostic. While the techniques were good they weren't the best for me, I think it is important to stress quality over quantity for PTs as you should be reviewing, but for me I had to shift that to quality and quantity. I don't want to speak too soon but I saw results quickly when I started taking ~2 full tests a day. That way you start to really see the patterns and put everything into work to build up the timing and endurance. I know that doesn't work for everyone because everyone's schedule always so I think studying while you're able to devote to it like a full time job makes a difference not just because you put the time in, but you're able to devote yourself mentally as well. Mindset has made a huge difference!

To get from 160s to 170s, the quickest thing that's made a difference for me is first, I used 7sage methods on LG (way simpler than some books out there!) but recently, I've remembered to trust myself. I spent extra seconds before deciding on writing out sub game boards and now if I don't see it immediately I just get to the questions, saves a lot of time for me and I miss ~2 questions. Also, especially on LR, I'll turn the section time down to 30 minutes. Again, forces me to trust myself.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Wow. Dedication!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Woahhh 100 hours a week.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    I have to say that scoring in the 170 range seems to be a golden ticket this cycle as long as your GPA is reasonably good (3.5+). If you put in 100 hour weeks now, you could end up with really BIG scholarships when you apply. It's worth putting in the effort.

Congrats on seeing the big number! Remember 173 is HYS territory...keep up the good work! That's only 2 or 3 more credited questions per test. You can do it!
    45 karma
    Meaning I was working 100 hours and had to study on top of that, didn't work out well! Now I've taken time off and devoted most of my time to studying. But, I have concentrated it quite a bit and devoted a lot of my hours over a shorter span of time. Thanks all! You can do it!!