Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

coffee

Does anyone know if we're allowed to bring a thermos into the test if it fits into the gallon sized bag? I usually am drinking coffee all day, and am worried about crashing mid test if I don't have any for the break.

Comments

• devin.balutdevin.balut Free Trial Member
    77 karma
    I didn't even think about it. I guess I just got lucky being in Japan when I took it. Their schools have vending machines and their vending machines have coffee (yeah ikr).

I'd check with the particular test center, I've been hearing some inconsistencies with rules that aren't directly stated. The three watch thing sometimes not being allowed in particular, but a couple random other things too.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I don't believe so, I believe you can only have a clear bottle (think you might have to take the label off too)
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    I don't think so either but I would definitely check with the test center. On my first take, I was under the understanding that it was one clear bottle of water only but there were multiple people with Gatorade or Vitamin Water. I saw one girl with a Coke.
  • laila.ayublaila.ayub Free Trial Member
    45 karma
    Yeah I've seen people with like juice boxes in their bag so if you're fine with cold coffee, maybe consider one of the boxed or bottled ones as well. Also saw people with refillable water bottles so again, might wanna just check with your test center.
  • iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    In my experience, it is up to the test centre. I clearly heard from the back of my test room some person opening a soda can (that loud click, then PSST) and no one went to tell him/her off; unless I'm living in the past, I'm pretty sure clear soda cans have yet to be taken to the mass market. Mind you, you're not suppose to even bring a bag other than a clear one to hold the necessary stuff yet 1/3 of my test room brought either their backpacks or handbags.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Call LSAC and ask
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I don't believe so. I brought in a water bottle but was only able to drink it at break. Inside that water bottle, however, was a full energy drink haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    @harrismegan can you give me the name of your energy drink that looks like water lol
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Lol it was the "Zero" Monster! It's in a white container. But, honestly, they didn't even check my bag or anything..... so I don't even think they would've cared if I walked in with bright green liquid lol.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You're better off calling to make sure what you can and cannot bring on test day.
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    If you contact LSAC, I am sure they will most likely say no, simply due to the fact that in their list of items allowed, it states that your beverage has to be in a clear container or it can be a juice box. You could probably put coffee in a clear container but it will get cold. So perhaps you can take some days to try to get used to drinking cold coffee, and that can provide you with some energy. But again, if anything call LSAC to verify. I wouldn't just go by what a test center says, because if they say yes and it turns out you can't, you don't want it to affect you. :)
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    I was allowed to bring my redbull in... I did not drink it though... this is from LSAC... should settle the matter... "Food and drink. Food and drink of any kind may not be taken out of your ziplock bag in the test room. Food and drink may be consumed only during the break."
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    if there's one thing I've learned in my LSAT career(aka time since I started studying) there is no predictability in TC/proctors... no matter the process that should happen, there are always some proctors that either don't care, care a lot or in the middle + theres test takers that are unpredictable (i.e. people refusing to take a hood/hat off and telling a proctor to leave them alone or something)
  • cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    edited January 2016 318 karma
    reviving a 11 month old post for 7sage spam?
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    wow! that’s a novel way to spam!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It's "changing the way of drink" guys... clearly it would be worth reviving a post of any age...
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    As long as it fits their specified ounce limit for the container, it's fine. I brought coffee on test day
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Sorry about that guys :)
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    If I could I would bring in my whole Chemex setup :-)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just make some nice cold brew the night before and you'll be good to go!
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    It's "changing the way of drink" guys...
    There's a great history book called "A history of the world in 6 glasses" very good read and coffee is in one of those glasses :)
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    If youre ok with Ice Coffee, I did a frozen water bottle and had a VIA Refresher, but they make Ice Coffee ones too.