Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Accommodations and Practice

sk144404sk144404 Core Member
edited April 2020 in Study Guides/Cheat Sheets 237 karma

I am going to be taking the June exam (assuming there will be a June exam) and have been granted several accommodations. I feel I have a decent grasp on a lot of the core course material and will continue to take PT while working on my weak areas. I have been taking proctored PT with the accommodations I was granted (2x time + extra breaks.) The problem I have noticed while taking double time PT's is that it is very time consuming (6.5 hrs.) I was wondering if I could get some advice as to how I should go about taking PT's.

In some respects I believe it is beneficial to take the test with the accommodations so that I can build my stamina - but I also think that it might be helpful to switch up the length of the PT's so I can get the most out of the time I have remaining. If anyone has experience with this I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

S.K.

Testing Accommodations and PT's
  1. Should I only take double timed PT's?11 votes
    1. Yes.
      63.64%
    2. No - mix it up!
      36.36%

Comments

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

I have the same issue. I was given time and a half. Honestly, I have started taking some at the full length, but I also allowed myself to mix it up as well lately. I noticed when I thought I could ONLY take it for the full length of time it really deterred me from taking PTs.. now I am trying to do both to get more practicing in.. Stamina is very hard with accommodations.

An aside note.. part of me wishes they would have the May-Flex option available for those with accommodations more often. Taking 3 sections with extended time feels a lot more realistic than the traditional 5 -_- I