Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should I slow myself down

Alright, as a little background to this, I've always read super fast. As such I never run out of time on the Logical Reasoning Sections, ever. I usually have around 8-12 minutes left by the time I'm done, and I don't really feel like I'm rushing.

Unfortunately it's the section I've been suffering on the most lately, especially now that I've improved my analytical reasoning a lot. I'm not doing terrible (168 PT) but the LR sections are the ones that I feel I can do better on. I have to sit there for the full 35 minutes anyways, so I probably should be doing something more productively. I'm not sure what however.

I was doing the same thing, time-wise, on the reading comprehension, and my solution there was to just make a lot of notes on the passage. That actually worked pretty well. But it isn't working for LR. So if anyone here has had the same problem I would be happy to hear some solutions.

Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    edited February 2015 578 karma
    Well first of all, you are a lucky one! I wish I was a fast reader and had enough time at the end.

Since you have time to go back at the end of logical reasoning why don't you blind review. Circle the questions your not 100% sure about (correct and incorrect answer choices) and use that time to go back at end of the test to redo.

I would also circle the ones with a lot of conditional logic language and go back to those to make sure you drew out the logic correctly and picked the right answered based on that.

Having extra time at the end, especially 8-12 minutes, is not something that everyone is blessed with. Use that extra time wisely.

Will you please tell me what you practiced with for logical reasoning?
  • Antelope of ZeusAntelope of Zeus Alum Member
    24 karma
    I didn't really do anything special. I've really just been doing the practice tests, and trying to write out premises and conclusions as much as possible. Sometimes putting stuff in my own words if I find the question confusing. I don't really have a super organized system for what I've been jotting down though.
    24 karma
    I will try the Blind Review idea. Thanks!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    How many are you missing per section? With a 168 on your last PT and assuming a near perfect LG section, you're probably missing like 2-5 questions per LR section. At that point, you just need to continue drilling questions, full sections, and PT's to get better at avoiding simple mistakes.
    24 karma
    It's usually around 4-5 Per section. 1 wrong on RC, 2 on AR. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect to do much better on the latter sections, so I'm best off to spend my the majority of my time on LR. Do you have any suggestions for how to drill? I've been finding a lot of books that deal in theory but not so much on a system you can actually put into practice with each question.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bundles/logical-reasoning-by-type/

This helped me out a lot. You're in a good spot though. It's pretty hard to do that well on RC lol.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    BR! it will help improve ur score
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    yeah if you're not BRing deff do that lol but I would start doing a bunch of untimed drilling while making sure to take your time reading each question, even if it seems like an easy one, drill drill drill and be conscious of your speend but also dont over focus on it
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I wish I had this problem..... being finished early. Blind Review will work wonders! Good luck :)