Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will I get to mid-160s?

I am almost through the LR core curriculum and took my second PT and not seeing much improvement in the LR section specifically which I was hoping for.

Diagnostic:
Actual-148
BR-153

PT50:
Actual-153
BR-167

My best section is LG and worst is LR....Anyone have any strategies on how to improve on LR? I am looking to get into the mid-160s but am unsure if that is possible given my progress, granted every section I did run out of time which is what killed me.

Comments

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

The fact that your BR went from a 153 to a 167 tells me you've gained a tremendous amount of knowledge. You are absolutely capable of achieving a score near your BR! Narrowing the gap takes work, but it's totally possible.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

It just takes time. Agreed with @lilpingling if you’re BRing that high, you know your stuff. You just need to keep doing what you’re doing. Repetition is key, and I promise the timing will come. You can always try setting your timer for an extra 5 minutes per section, then reduce it by a minute as that becomes easier until you’re down to 35. This makes the clock less of a factor so that when you take your test, you’ll know time isn’t an issue and it won’t get into your head. It sounds like you’re pretty early on in your journey, keep at it, it’ll get easier!